This piece, Travel to Seychelles from Nigeria step by step guide is focused on telling intending travellers to Seychelles all they need to know in order to have a hitch free trip.
Seychelles an Island country located in the continent of Africa, east of Kenya and northeast of Madagascar, with capital at Victoria is a 115 islands archipelago many of them uninhabited. Despite its tiny population and is located in the Indian Ocean Seychelles is a popular destination for tourists all over the world.
TRAVEL TO SEYCHELLES FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
SEYCHELLES A VISITOR’S PERMIT ON ARRIVAL COUNTRY
The most impressive aspects of going to the Island country of Seychelles is that Nigeria has visa abolition agreement with the Island, therefore, it’s a visa-free entry for 30 days for a Nigeria passport holder. Likewise, citizens of Seychelles are allowed to enter Nigeria visa-free for 90 days.
All you need to do is to tender your International passport at the point of entry for visitor’s permit on arrival formalities.
MODE OF TRAVELLING TO SEYCHELLES
Regardless of your purpose of travelling to the Island country of Seychelles, be its business, holiday or tourism, an intending traveller to Seychelles from Nigeria has two options to choose in order to reach the Island country
1. AIRLINES flight from Lagos or Abuja to Seychelles. These mode of transport are the fastest but quite expensive.
2. Travel by road: Go by road to N’Djamena, Chad and continue the trip by flight from Chad to the Island. This is the cheapest cost, monetary wise to get to Seychelles, in that you can cut the cost by half if you use the second option, however, be ready to spend about 30 hours on the road between Lagos and N’Djamena before connecting flight to Seychelles.
If you choose to go by road and connect flight from N’Djamena you may need about USD409 at most to get to the Island.
AIRLINES AND COST OF FLIGHT TO MAHE ISLAND, SEYCHELLES
There are various types of airlines available from Nigeria, however no direct flight.
These are some of the airlines you can use from Lagos to Mahe Island.
South African airline
Depends on the airline you selected the average cost you need to get a one-way ticket to the Island is USD734 from January to June, while summertime cost ranges between USD614 to USD664
Please note that it’s not advisable to go by flight on weekends because you will definitely pay more.
Furthermore on flights, if you can afford it book your tickets far ahead of your travel because the earlier you book the cheaper you get.
BOOKING OF HOTEL ACCOMMODATION
It’s advisable you book accommodation before living your country in that most hotels are usually fully booked, due to the volume of tourists heading Seychelles year round.
ARRIVAL AT THE AIRPORT
1. Obtain your visitor’s permit on arrival
2. Presentation of your international passport with at least 6 months validity and unused visa pages.
3. Presentation of a yellow card.
4. Presentation of return ticket.
5. Evidence of Basic travelling allowance sufficient to cover your entire stay in Seychelles.
6. Currency restrictions – You’re not allowed to carry more than USD10,000 to enter.
7. Evidence of reasons for a visit to Seychelles.
SEYCHELLES CURRENCY: The local currency is called Seychelles Rupee (SCR) however most tourists related activities such as transportation, hotels and restaurants do their business in Euros. It’s advisable you come with Euros which is the most acceptable currency.
PLACES TO STAY IN SEYCHELLES
There are more than 400 hotels and hostels you can select to stay in Seychelles, their prices range from USD50 per day.
Please note that budget accommodation is not so popular in Seychelles, therefore, have it in mind that you need to spend good money on lodging.
PLACES TO VISIT IN SEYCHELLES
If you’re on holiday and you intend to explore this tourist-oriented Island you may choose from the following attractive places:
1. ANSE LAZIO BEACH: Seychelles as an island country, the biggest attractions are the beaches. One of the most popular is the Anse Lazio beach on Praslin Island which is famous for its blue waters. It’s an amazing place to start your exploration if the Island.
2. GO TO VALLEY DE MAI – A visit to Valley De Mai is a worthwhile experience. This is nature at best. Valley De Mai is a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Situated on Praslin Island of Seychelles, it’s a place you get to see different types of birds not common elsewhere.
3. ISLANDS HOPPING.
Seychelles consists of 155 archipelagoes, hopping around the country is a way of exploring entire Seychelles. This could be by a bus ride or if you can afford it by helicopter. Seychelles is for you to explore.
4. VISIT THE CAPITAL
If you’re on a tight budget, why not limit your tour to Victoria, the tiny Capital town of Seychelles. Exploring the town and its beauty is a wonderful experience any day.
5. TAKE A TRIP TO THE BEACHES
Being an Island country, beaches are everywhere for you to enjoy depend on your taste anyway.
6. SEYCHELLES NATIONAL BOTANICAL GARDENS
Located in Mahe Seychelles National Botanical gardens was established more than 100 years ago offers you variety of nature studies. You may not want to live.
Some other important and amazing places in Seychelles include:
. Seychelles Natural History Museum
. Baie Ternay Marine National Park.
. Anse Major Island
. Cousin Island Special Reserve
. Praslin National Park
. Enjoy octopus curry at Starfish Restaurant
. Aldabra Group of Islands
. Arul Mihu Navasakthi Vinayagar Temple.
FOOD: If you’re here on a budget it’s advisable to eat outdoor, do not attempt to eat at the hotel restaurants most of them are very expensive.
SEYCHELLES’S WEATHER AND CLIMATE
Seychelles is a tropical island but has a completely different climate pattern than the rest of Africa.
According to www.Seychelles.org, The weather is one of the many reasons that makes Seychelles a preferred destination for tourists all year round.
It is good to know that Seychelles Islands are not badly affected by the coronavirus pandemic compared to the mainland Africa especially the Arab countries. Visitors are free to explore the country as usual. All need to do is to go along with the coronavirus clearance certificate from your country of residence to avoid refused entry.
That’s all for now on Travel to Seychelles from Nigeria step by step guide.
- HOW TO OBTAIN ECOWAS TRAVEL CERTIFICATE
- 35 COUNTRIES THAT ALLOWS DUAL CITIZENSHIP
- SOUTH AFRICA PASSPORT VISA FREE COUNTRIES FULL LIST
- HOW TO AVOID REFUSED ENTRY INTO USA
Tags: Travel to Seychelles from Nigeria step by step guide.