Often time many people usually equate travelling to Isreal with holy pilgrimage only. Here in this piece ‘ Travel to Israel from Nigeria step by step guide,’ we are letting you know that going to Isreal is much more than visiting Jerusalem or any other holy sites.
Things you can do in Isreal
1. You can buy and export goods from Isreal
2. You can establish a business enterprise especially small and medium-sized businesses in Isreal
3. You can work legally in Isreal
4. You can visit Palatine from Isreal
5. You can go on the usual pilgrimages in Isreal.
6. You go to Isreal for further studies
1. You can buy and export consignments from Israel:
It’s possible to travel to Isreal purposely to buy goods such as Israeli Diamonds, Israeli wine, buying delicious dried cheaper dates, Isreal Olive Oil, Palestinian Olive Wood Carvings, Israeli Jewelry. Israeli Ceramics. Date Honey, Traditional Palestinian Embroidery, Ahava Salt Sea Products, Bedouin Woven Rugs, and Cushions, etc.
2. If you have the means and you can scale the hurdle of obtaining the right papers Isreal is a country you can establish a business enterprise especially a small scale business. This way is far better than looking for a job when you’re not fluent in Hebrew or Arabic.
3. If you have the right qualifications or are skilled in a sought-after profession it’s possible to land a good job in Isreal. But remember its wiser to have a work permit
4. For any foreigner who desires to visit Palatine, be it West Bank or Gasa city, Al Aqsa mosque, or Bethlehem the birthplace of Jesus you must obtain an Israeli visa and permit.
5, You can go on pilgrimage: This is the most popular thing or reason for visiting Isreal. There are plenty of holy sites and places you can visit in both Isreal and Palatine that you will not get enough of.
6. You can travel to Isreal purposely to study. There are Universities here that it’s possible to study in English. The choice is yours.
HOW TO GET TO ISREAL FROM NIGERIA
There are two ways you can travel to Isreal from Nigeria:
1. The fastest is to go by flight from a Nigerian city to Tel Aviv, Isreal.
2. The second option is to go by car or take a commercial vehicle from Nigeria to N’Djamena, Chad, and take a flight to Isreal. The advantage of this route is that it’s cheaper.
Alternatively, if you’re having a car, you can continue your journey from Chad and move by road to Egypt. You can cross from Egypt to Isreal using the Sinai route by road.
There are various airline operating flights popular among them are Ethiopian Airlines, Turkish Airline, etc. The price of a round trip flight is around USD850.
PROCESS AN ENTRY VISA TO ISREAL
Whatever your reasons for travelling to Isreal be it touring, holidaying, researching, business, pilgrimage, working or relocating you need an entry visa to enter
TYPES OF ISREAL VISA
The most popular visa is the Visitor’s Visa, which is valid for 90 days. It’s called a B/2 Visitor’s visa
Other types of Israeli visas are:
A/1 Temporary Resident Visa
A/2 Student visa
A/3 Clergy visa
A/4 visa for spouses and children
B/1 Work visa
TRAVEL TO ISREAL FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
THIS IS HOW TO PROCESS ISREAL VISA IN NIGERIA
1. Download the Israeli visa application form online, through the Isreal Embassy website: embassies.gov.il/abuja/Pages/default.aspx
2. Print the hard copy.
3. Carefully complete the form include your relevant details
4. Afterwards, forward the completed form to the embassy to request for an appointment at: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. When the embassy received your request, they will forward to you the date of your interview.
On the interview date, you’re to attach the following required documents:
1. The completed visa application form
2. Your International passport with at least 6 months validity and unused visa pages.
3. Two recently taken passport-sized photographs with white background. (The dimension should be 5×5cm)
4. Evidence of flight booking showing the flight itinerary
5. Evidence of hotel reservation
6. A written statement stating your reason for travelling to Isreal.
7. Evidence of Bank statement for the last 6 months.
8. Police clearance certificate
9. An under-age person travelling unaccompanied or with a guardian must produce an original birth certificate
10. An applicant travelling for medical purposes is obliged to produce a medical appointment from a hospital in Isreal. And an official letter that the Hospital is ready and capable of performing the treatment the applicant is searching for.
In addition, present a written report from your personal doctor in Nigeria analysing the reasons for urgent medical treatment in Isreal
Finally evidence of advanced payment for the treatment.
11. An applicant travelling on invitation must present a letter of invitation from the person inviting you to Isreal.
The person must send you the photocopy of his residence card or if he is an Israeli citizen copy of his national identity card.
Please note that all the original documents you’re submitting must be endorsed by the Legal department of the Foreign Affairs Ministry.
Furthermore, all the original documents you’re submitting must come with a set of photocopies.
Please note the following points before submission
1. On the appointment day ensure you reach the Embassy early to avoid reschedule the interview.
1. Pay the visa application processing fee of Five thousand Naira
2. Enquire if you require a biometric fingerprint scan. (If any)
3. Ask for the date and time of your passport collection.
ADDRESS OF ISREAL EMBASSY IN NIGERIA
Plot 12, Mary Slessor Street,
Off Udo Udoma Crescent,
Telephone + 234 9 314 3170-4
Fax +244 9 314 3177
Email address email@example.com
STILL ON TRAVEL TO ISREAL FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
Please note the following points before departing for Isreal:
– After obtaining the visa for Isreal you must not travel before the due date and do not allow the visa to expire before you utilize it.
– Remember there is no direct flight from Nigeria to Isreal, therefore enquire about the country you’re to stopover whether you need a transit visa.
On your day of departure please note the following
– Ensure you arrive at the airport early before the commencement of the Airline check-in activities.
– If there is a qeue ensure you join quickly without engaging in any frivolous sidetalk.
– Immediately you checked in your luggage and obtained your boarding pass move quickly to the immigration departure counters.
– Please note that most of the big Airlines often time usually scheduled their flight towards the late evening time, which usually create congestion at the immigration departure counters, therefore if you arrive there late be expecting long queues.
– Note that lateness in getting clearance at the immigration departure counters and the Airport Authority security checking area sometimes can easily cause missing flights.
– Remember, if you missed your flight, be expecting additional charges from the Airline and the Airport Authority whenever you rescheduled your departure.
ARRIVING BEN GURION, TEL AVIV INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
When you disembark at the Ben Gurion, Tev Aviv International Airport please note the following points before moving to the immigration arrival counters:
1. Ensure you fill the arrival card and include it in your passport
2. Ensure your passport, return ticket, certificate of vaccination and basic travelling allowance are in your hand luggage to allow for a fast clearance.
3. If you’re a first time traveller on a short visit ensure you travel with light luggage. Travelling with large suitcases may send a wrong signer to the security personnel that you have the intention of coming to stay in Israel and refused you entry.
4. Do not assist anyone in carrying anything no matter their condition it could be risky.
5. Avoid making friends with a stranger until you conclude the immigration clearance or reach the other side of the arrival hall.
6. When it is your turn to be attended to by the immigration Officer answer the questions with confidence, after all it is his duty to allow you in.
STEPPING OUT OF THE AIRPORT
When you conclude the arrival clearance and you step out of the Airport ask how you can get train transport to the city. The train transport is recommended because it’s the cheapest option of all the available transport from the Airport. The train ticket is USD4.5 while the bus service is around USD8.
ACCOMMODATION IN ISREAL
If you do not have a pre-arranged accommodation in Isreal it’s advisable you allow those accommodation professionals to assist you in getting affordable accommodation. If you’re on a budget you may enquire about Hostels. Hostels are the cheapest accommodation anywhere and it’s possible to get a place without many formalities. However if you choose one be ready to do away with your privacy, but it’s the best place to meet and make friends.
LANGUAGE SPOKEN IN ISREAL
Hebrew and Arabic are the two official languages in Isreal, but Hebrew is the most popular. A foreigner has no problem moving around in Israel language-wise because the majority of the people you will encounter speak English.
THE CURRENCY OF ISREAL
Isreal Shekel is the currency of Isreal. 1 Israeli Shekel is equalled to 104.42 Nigerian Naira.
1 USD equals 3.47 Israeli Shekels.
STILL ON TRAVEL TO ISRAEL FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE- GETTING A JOB OR STUDY IN ISREAL AS A FOREIGNER
Despite the security situation prevalence of Isreal, some foreigners do come to Isreal purposely to search for jobs or to further their studies. It is possible to get a job in Isreal if you know how to search.
The best way is to engage an experienced job recruiter well advanced of your travelling to Isreal. Note that most of the job openings are never listed publicly therefore you will need someone who knows the internal working of the country and also the area where a foreigner is useful.
If you travel to Isreal purposely to look for a job you may find it difficult to get one unless you have someone living legally in Isreal or you used a job recruiter. In all, it’s advisable to process the job from your country of residence and get a work visa. Despite the fact that there are no restrictions on how many non-Isreal a company can hire, jobs are not easy to get.
That’s all for now on Travel to Isreal from Nigeria step by step guide.
TRAVEL TO INDIA FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
TRAVEL INSURANCE FROM NIGERIA TO EUROPE
HOW TO AVOID REFUSED ENTRY INTO USA
THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR A GERMAN VISA
TRAVEL TO SPAIN FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
Tags: Travel to Isreal from Nigeria step by step guide.