The Islamic Republic of Iran is a developed country that is grossly under-reported due to reasons known only to some western world countries. Here we analysis travel to Iran from Nigeria step by step guide to enable a potential traveller to the beautiful Persian Gulf country to have adequate knowledge on how to have an hitch-free trip before departure and on arrival in Iran. Bon voyage.
Where is Iran?
The Islamic Republic of Iran is a country in the Middle East located in southwestern Asia. It’s arguably the second-largest country in the Middle East a diverse nation and a majority Muslim country.
When you’re in Iran you will find out that the Iranians are one of the most accommodating and friendly people in the world.
Iran is a clean and safe country to travel and live. The crime rate is very low and you’re free to move around without molestation and discriminations.
Is Iran a Visa-free country for Nigeria?
Yes, Iran allows Nigerian citizens visa on arrival facilities. However, to be on the safer side it’s advisable to process the visa on arrival online two days before departing for Iran, in order to erase all doubt.
HOW TO PROCESS IRAN VISA ONLINE
If you’re interested in starting the process online, the foremost thing to do is to apply for a Tourist visa through the following website:
1. When you download the online visa application form ensure you fill in all the necessary details.
2. Ensure you use an active email address because it’s the only avenue you will rely on and authenticated in the entire process.
3. Ensure your international passport is valid for more than 6 months and has unused visa pages.
4. Please note that the Iranian visa on arrival is valid for 30 days currently.
5. Furthermore, it’s possible to extend it if you have reason to stay beyond the stipulated 30 days. You will need to contact the Iranian Foreign Affairs Office in Tehran for extension procedures.
6. If the approval is given ensure you travel within the period otherwise you may be disallowed to enter if you travel with an expire evisa approval.
7. Please note that if you’re travelling to Iran you must not have Isreal visa in your passport otherwise you may be refused entry.
8. Likewise, if you intend travelling to the United States you should not have an Iranian visa in your passport, you may be refused entry into the United States.
Documents required for an Iranian Visa On Arrival
1. Your International passport with at least 6 months validity and unused visa pages.
2. A confirmed Airline return ticket indicating the flight number, date of departure and satellite of arrival.
3. One recently taken passport sized photographs.
4. Valid travel insurance acceptable by Iranian Authority.
5. Visa processing fee payable on arrival at the Airport.
6. If you’re on an invitation, an original letter of invitation from your host in Iran. The letter of invitation must be sent through the Iranian travel agency to the Iran Ministry of Foreign Affairs at least 2 days prior to your arrival in Iran.
7. It’s mandatory to have a pre-arranged hotel reservation for a few days.
STILL ON TRAVEL TO IRAN FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
EMBASSY OF IRAN IN NIGERIA
In case you want to visit or transact business with the Iranian embassy in Nigeria here are the contact address
No. 1, UDI Street,
Three Arms Zone,
Telephone numbers: +234 703 774 0223, +234 813 843 4605
Email address: email@example.com
HOW TO GET TO IRAN
There are various Airlines operating scheduled flights from Nigeria to Iran the popular among them are:
Iranian Naft Airlines
The above mentioned Airlines operate a flight from Lagos to Shiraz twice daily.
Please note that the earlier you book your flight the cheaper, importantly avoid booking through Agents without a comparison of prices online.
STILL ON TRAVEL TO IRAN FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE DEPARTING FOR IRAN
After you successfully obtained a visa to travel please note the following:
1. Ensure you make you trip prior to the expiration of your visa unless you’re travelling to Iran with the purpose of obtaining a visa on arrival at the Airport.
2. Please if you planned to obtain a visa on arrival you must land at one of the Airport in Iran that have the facilities for that purpose.
The following are the Airports where you can do visa on arrival:
1. Imam Khomeini Airport
2. Tehran Mehrabad Airport
3. Shiraz International Airport
4. Tabriz International Airport
5. Isfahan International Airport
6. Kish International Airport
ON YOUR DAY OF DEPARTURE FROM NIGERIA
Please note the following points:
1. Ensure you arrive at the airport early before the commencement of airline check-in activities:
2. If there are queues join immediately without engaging in any frivolous sidetalk or photograph with friends.
3. As soon as you checked in your luggage and obtained the boarding pass move straight to the immigration departure counters and present your passport for stamping.
3. Ensure you arrive the Immigration departure counters early, remember most of the popular Airlines usually scheduled their flight towards late evening time, which often time create congestion at the immigration departure counters, if you arrive there late you may meet long queues which will definitely extend to the Airport Security Clearance zone.
4. Please remember long queues may cause missing your flight and if you missed a flight you will definitely pay an additional charge to the Airline and the Airport Authority.
STILL ON TRAVEL TO IRAN FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE HOW
LANDING IN IRAN
On disembarkation in Iran be it Tehran or Shiraz Airports you will see a sign that read “visa on arrival”
– Please note that if you’re a female you are expected to cover your head moderately.
– You will be given an arrival card, fill it and include it in your passport.
– Ensure your passport, return ticket, health insurance certificate, basic travelling allowance and visa on arrival fee are in your hand luggage.
– Ensure you travel light, having a large suitcase may send a wrong signer to the security personnel that you’re coming in with the sole aim of settling down in Iran and it may lead to refuse entry.
– Do not assist anyone in carrying anything no matter the condition it may be risky.
– Do not make friend with strangers until you complete the arrival procedures and you step out of the arrival hall.
GETTING A TRANSPORT TO YOUR DESTINATION
Most of the international flights usually disembark at the Imam Khomeini Airport in Tehran which is about 40 kilometres to Tehran city.
You can easily move from the Airport to the city by taxi or bus. The bus prices range from 1-2 Euros. Bus transportation is your best bet in moving around in Tehran.
ACCOMMODATION IN IRAN
When you’re in Iran, if you didn’t have pre-arranged accommodation and you are on a budget, there are much good and affordable accommodation abound in most of their cities. Accommodation range from budget hotels and apartments hotels.
Young travellers can easily choose hostels which are much more affordable if you do not mind lack of privacy. You don’t have to be a registered member in order to enjoy youth hotels facilities, all you need is to enquire about the good youth hostel and register on arrival.
If you do not know how to go about searching for accommodation, just go online and employ the service of accommodation professionals.
The currency of Iran is called Iranian Rial (IRR)
1 Iranian Rial us equals 0.000027 Euro
Asat 31st October 2019, 1 Euro equal to 47,002 Iranian Rial
Due to political imbroglio between the United States of America and the Islamic Republic of Iran, it’s advisable you take along Euro instead of carrying the US dollars which may not be the preferable currency currently.
Iran like most Middle East countries is very hot realistically an arid country. The best time to visit Iran in the winter season. Iranian winter span December till March.
TYPE OF JOB A FOREIGNER CAN GET IN IRAN
Iran is one of the largest economies in the Middle East. An oil-producing country, there are always opening in the oil sector for expects.
IT professionals: Due to globalisation there is an increasing demand for IT professionals. If you’re a qualified software developer or engineer you will have no problem in getting a good job here. Likewise, Cardiologists, Dentists, Plastic surgeon, Nurses and English teachers are in great demand currently in Iran.
Please note that you in order to land a job here you must have a sponsor and your employer is the right person to stand as your sponsor. Therefore it’s advisable you process a work visa before departing your country of residence.
The best way to work in Iran is to search for a job, either by yourself or engage a job recruiter to assist you. Or you can come on a tourist visa and use the period to search for a job of your choice. You will equally study the terrain before making a decision.
Finally please note that Iran is not an English speaking country. The main language spoken in Iran is called Persian, that is the official language, therefore if you intend staying for a while be prepared to study Persian. You can use English to ask for directions only. Few people understand English in Iranian big cities.
That’s all for now on Travel to Iran from Nigeria step by step guide.
- TRAVEL TO BAHRAIN FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- TRAVEL TO OMAN FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- TRAVEL TO INDIA FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- HOW TO AVOID REFUSED DEPARTURE FROM NIGERIA
- HOW TO AVOID REFUSED ENTRY INTO USA
Tags: Travel to Iran from Nigeria step by guide.