TRAVEL TO BOTSWANA FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE is designed to assist anyone interested in travelling to Botswana on how to have a smooth pre-departure, applying successfully for the visa and importantly have a hitch-free trip.
Where is Botswana located
Botswana is a landlocked country in the centre of Southern Africa. Botswana shared a border with Zimbabwe, South Africa and Namibia.
A well managed multi-party democratic country Botswana is one of the world’s great development success stories (according to the world bank). A country well known for exclusive safari destinations. Undoubtedly Botswana is a country tourists love to visit numerous times.
DO YOU NEED A VISA TO ENTER BOTSWANA?
Yes, a Nigerian citizen must process a visa to enter Botswana, the beauty aspects of it are that if you meet their requirements Botswana visa is not difficult to obtain. Secondly, if you obtained Botswana 30 days tourist visa it’s possible to extend it twice and stay for 90 days.
This is how to apply for a Botswana visa from Nigeria :
1. Download the Botswana Visa application form online
2. Printout the hard copy
3. Carefully complete the form include your relevant details.
4. Attach the following required documents:
– Your International passport with at least 6 months validity and unused visa pages
– Data page of your passport
– Two recently taken colour passport-sized photographs with white background
– Evidence of flight itinerary including the flight number, date of departure and arrival in Botswana
– Evidence of Hotel reservation
– Proof of basic travelling allowance sufficient to cover your entire stay in Botswana
– Original copy of a police report
– Your Bank account statement.
– A written statement stating the reason for travelling to Botswana.
Requirements for anyone going on a business trip:
– A letter of invitation from your business partner or an organisation in Botswana
– Certified copies of a residence or work permit or National Identity card of Botswana from the person inviting you.
– Your flight itinerary including the airline number, date of departure and arrival in Botswana.
– Copies of your host’s business registration documents (if any)
– Your birth certificate
– Your marriage certificate (if any)
– Your Bank account statement
Submission of the completed visa application form:
After the compilation of all the required documents, you’re to submit them personally at the Botswana High Commission in Abuja.
Please note the following points before submission:
1. Pay the stipulated visa processing fee.
2. Enquire about possible biometric fingerprint scans and the charges.
3. After submission, be ready to wait for between 7- 14 days for visa processing.
4. Do not forget to include your function telephone number in your application for contact.
ADDRESS OF BOTSWANA HIGH COMMISSION IN ABUJA, NIGERIA
Plot 1241, Oguta Lake Street,
You may which to contact them to know if the Embassy is in operation, here’s the telephone number +234 97 822 181/782.
Fax number +23434 7034 103 830
Office hours: Monday to Friday 08.30 am – 1.00 pm. & 2.00 pm – 4.30pm
HOW TO GET TO BOTSWANA
The only option available in getting to Botswana from Nigeria is by flight.
There are the two most popular Airlines usually operating scheduled flights from Nigeria to Botswana.
1. Kenya Airways operates Lagos to Gaborone, Lagos to Francistown Lagos to Maun. (The choice is yours)
2. South African Airways operates Lagos to Mogoditshane twice daily
Please note that you may not have a direct flight hence there may be a stopover along the way, therefore you may need to enquire from the Airline if a transit visa is required.
STILL ON TRAVEL TO BOTSWANA FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE DEPARTING FOR BOTSWANA
Please note the following points before departure
– After obtaining the visa for Botswana you must not travel before the due date and do not allow the visa to expire before you utilize it.
On your day of departure please note the following
– Ensure you arrive at the airport early before the commencement of the Airline check-in activities.
– If there is a queue ensure you join quickly without engaging in any frivolous sidetalk.
– Immediately you checked in your luggage and obtained your boarding pass move quickly to the immigration departure counters.
– Please note that most of the big Airlines often time scheduled their flight towards the late evening time, which usually create congestion at the immigration departure counters, therefore if you arrive there late be expecting long queues.
– Note that lateness in getting clearance at the immigration departure counters and the Airport Authority security checking area sometimes can easily cause missing flights.
– Remember, if you missed your flight, be expecting additional charges from the Airline and the Airport Authority whenever you rescheduled your departure.
ARRIVING GABORONE AIRPORT
When you disembark at the Gaborone Airport please note the following points before moving to the immigration arrival counters:
1. Ensure you fill the arrival card and include it in your passport
2. Ensure your passport, return ticket, certificate of vaccination and basic travelling allowance are in your hand luggage to allow for a fast clearance.
3. If you’re a first time traveller on a short visit ensure you travel with light luggage. Travelling with large suitcases may send a wrong signer that you have the intention of coming to stay in Botswana and refused you entry.
4. Do not assist anyone in carrying anything no matter their condition it could be risky.
5. Avoid making friends with a stranger until you conclude the immigration clearance or reach the other side of the arrival hall.
6. When it is your turn to be attended to by the immigration Officer answer the questions with confidence, after all, it is his duty to allow you in.
STEPPING OUT OF THE AIRPORT
After the conclusion of the entry clearance, you have to enquire on how to get affordable transport to the city. If you disembark at Gaborone Airport you may find it difficult to get a taxi to the city. You may need to ask your hotel to pick you up.
ACCOMMODATION IN BOTSWANA
If you do not have pre-arranged accommodation in Botswana, it’s advisable you allow those accommodation professionals to assist you in getting affordable accommodation. If you’re on a budget you may enquire about Hostels. Hostels are the cheapest accommodation anywhere and it’s possible to get a place without many formalities. However if you choose one be ready to do away with privacy, but it’s the best place to meet and make friends
LANGUAGE SPOKEN IN BOTSWANA
When you’re in Botswana you will have no problem moving around because English is the official language and spoken by many inhabitants. However, Setswana is the national language and is widely spoken.
THE CURRENCY OF BOTSWANA
The currency of Botswana is called Pula
1 Botswana Pula is equal to 33.29 Nigeria Naira currently.
1 Botswana Pula is equal to 092 US Dollars.
The weather in Botswana can be generally divided into two seasons. Raining season and Dry season. The Rainy season starts towards the end of October and runs through to the end of March or April. While the dry season starts from April to September. During the dry season, it’s usually warm in the morning and very cold at night.
GETTING A JOB AS A FOREIGNER IN BOTSWANA
Getting a job in a small country like Botswana with a large number of young people can be a daunting task. However, if you’re an expert in fields such as IT you may land a very good job. The beauty of Botswana is that it’s a well-run country. When you’re living and working here your safety is guaranteed unlike some adjacent bigger countries
That’s all for now on Travel to Botswana from Nigeria step by step guide.
- TRAVEL TO BARBADOS FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- BOTSWANA PASSPORT VISA FREE COUNTRIES 2019 FULL LIST
- HOW TO APPLY FOR NAMIBIA VISA IN NIGERIA
- TRAVEL TO FIJI ISLANDS FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
Tags: Travel to Botswana from Nigeria step by step guide