This piece Travel to Bahrain from Nigeria step by step guide is for anyone interested in travelling to the island country of Bahrain the emerging Arabian wonders in the desert, in order to have a smooth departure, arrive with peace of mind and know exactly what’s obtainable in Bahrain.
WHERE IS BAHRAIN LOCATED
Bahrain is an island country in the Middle East. It is located in the Persian Gulf. Saudi Arabia and Qatar are the nearest neighbours of Bahrain.
Bahrain is connected to Saudi Arabia by road. The massive King Fahd Causeway is a 24.14 kilometres long highway crossing the Gulf originating from Saudi Arabia to the Island country thereby making movements to and from Bahrain an easy one.
THINGS TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT BAHRAIN BEFORE TRAVELING
1. Bahrain is not a visa-free for Nigerians: Please understand it from the onset that you must obtain an entry visa to travel to Bahrain.
2. You’re travelling to a country with a population of about 1.5 million inhabitants
3. If you’re travelling to Bahrain in order to work, the good news is that it’s possible to land a good job in Bahrain but you have to scale some hurdle. The visa.
a) The foremost thing to take into consideration if you’re planning to travel for job purpose that you must secure a job before travelling to Bahrain and to arrange for a sponsor. A sponsor can be a recognised individual, a company or an institution. If you’re lucky to secure a job, your employer will automatically be your sponsor.
If you don’t have a sponsor, the Bahrain system allows you to use the service of one of the following organisations as sponsor:
1. Gulf Hotel.
Email address: email@example.com
2. Diplomat Radisson SAS Hotel
Email address: Reservations.Bahrain@RaddissonSAS.com
3. Regency Intercontinental Hotel
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Elite See Residence and Elite Grande Hotel.
Email address: email@example.com
5. Sheraton Bahrain Hotel
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Crown Plaza Bahrain
Email address: email@example.com
7. Mercury Grand Hotel See
Email address: H5685@accor.com
8. Travel Agent
Al Gosaibi Travel
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If there is a need, you may contact any of the above for their service.
SECURE A VISITING VISA
If you’re looking for a job in Bahrain, it is possible to travel to Bahrain with a short stay visa which will enable you to go their personally and search for jobs, if you find one you have to come back to your country to process the visa.
How to apply for Bahrain visa from Nigeria
If you want to know in a comprehensive form on how to apply for Bahrain visa from Nigeria, you may visit facts36.com/how to apply for Bahrain visa from Nigeria.
SUSPENSION OF VISA
From all indication, it seems Bahrain has suspended the issuance of visa to Nigerians willing to travel to Bahrain. If it’s true, I know it for sure it wouldn’t belong. Furthermore, if you secured employment in Bahrain, the following are the documents you need to forward to the Bahrain immigration Bureau for a work visa through your potential employer:
1. Your International passport with reasonable validity.
2. Two recently taken passport sized photographs.
3. Original letter of sponsor from your employer which must indicate the organisation’s name, corporate registration number, employee’s capacity, contract duration, remunerations, your name, date of birth and your country of origin. Copy of the contract and health records from a reputable hospital.
STILL ON TRAVEL TO BAHRAIN FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE DEPARTING FOR BAHRAIN
After you might have secured the visa and ready to travel, please note the following points before departure:
1. Be sure you arrive at the airport early before the commencement of the Airline’s check-in activities.
2. Find out if there is a queue if so ensure you join without engaging any frivolous activities such as photographs or charting with relatives.
3. When you conclude the checking in of your luggage and obtained the boarding pass move straight to the immigration departure counters.
4. Please note that if you arrive late to the departure counter you will definitely meet a long queue because most major Airlines usually scheduled their flight for late evening, which usually creates congestion at the immigration departure counters and the Airport Authority security clearance zone.
5. Furthermore, lateness may result in missing flight which will lead to flight reschedule, if you reschedule your flight be expecting extra charges from the Airline and the Airport Authority.
ARRIVING THE BAHRAINI AIRPORT
When you disembark at the Bahraini Airport, please take note of the following before approaching the Immigration Arrival clearance counters:
1. If you’re a first-time traveller ensure you travel with light luggage, having many suitcases could send a wrong message to security personnel at the airport that you have the intention of staying in Bahrain permanently or for a long time.
2. Be sure that your passport, return ticket, health certificate, and the basic travelling allowance are in your hand luggage to avoid delay in waiting for your suitcases at the immigration clearance.
3. Avoid assisting the fellow traveller in carrying anything it could be dangerous.
4. Do not make friend with a stranger until you conclude the immigration clearance.
STEPPING OUT OF THE AIRPORT
Unlike in Europe where you have access to the cheap train ride from the airport, at Bahrain Airport the options you have are Taxi caps, Shared Ride Van, Airport Shuttle buses, Private van etc. If you’re looking for the cheapest mean of getting to Manama ask the commuters. Avoid travelling alone in a taxi you can fall into the hand of a bandit.
ACCOMMODATION IN MANAMA
If you don’t have pre-arranged accommodation, it’s advisable you seek the help of accommodation professionals. Such as booking.com, trivago.com, hotel.com, expedia.com, agoda.com, etc.
If you’re on a budget or you plan to stay for a while with the little fund you may consider staying in a youth hostel. Unlike in some Arab countries, there are youth hostels in Bahrain, the prices are affordable and the environments are clean. It does not matter if you do not have a membership card because you can easily purchase one on arrival at the hostel.
As goggle for the address of Youth Hostel Association of Bahrain for further information.
YOUR MISSION TO BAHRAIN
From the perspective of an African migrant worker, if your mission is the get a job in Bahrain, there are two ways you can go about it:
1. Process the job before leaving your country of residence, and take the job offer to the Bahrain Embassy in your country. You can search for a job on the Internet, likewise, you can employ the service of an experienced job recruiter with a good track record to do it for you.
2. Travel to Bahrain with a tourist visa and utilise the visa-free time to search around for vacancies. This method will definitely enable you to know the true position of things on the ground and establish true contacts.
If you’re lucky to get a job offer, you can return to your country and process the work visa at the Bahrain mission in your country, or the current country you’re residing.
TYPES OF JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN BAHRAIN
Due to modernisation and expansion currently prevailing in Bahrain their lots of opening in different aspects of hotels business, IT, road constructions and service industries. Domestic workers and general cleaning services. General nursing, Medical and dental services.
BAHRAIN ‘S WEATHER
Like most countries in the Persian Gulf Bahrain is very host a sunny year-round, however, August and September are the worst in humidity and temperature. It’s always difficult to venture out after 10.00am and beyond.
For anyone planning a short visit to Bahrain the best time to visit is around November to March, you will be able to move around without the extreme hit weather.
THINGS YOU SHOULD NOT DO IN BAHRAIN
Though you may assume that Bahrain is a liberal country than nearby Saudi Arabia, notwithstanding Bahrain is a majority Muslim country, therefore, you must respect their culture
1. Indecent dressing of any form is not welcome, female visitors are expected to wear cloth below their knees.
2. Eating and drinking in the open during the holy month of Ramadan is not a normal practice.
3. Avoid the western style of kissing or hugging in the open especially during Ramadan.
4. Do not drink alcohol or get drunk.
5. Avoid drug selling, otherwise you may be deported or jailed.
That’s all on Travel to Bahrain from Nigeria step by step guide
- TRAVEL TO MALAYSIA FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- HOW TO APPLY FOR BAHRAIN VISA FROM NIGERIA
- TRAVEL TO FIJI ISLANDS FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- HOW TO AVOID REFUSED ENTRY INTO USA
- TRAVEL TO COMOROS ISLANDS FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
Tags: Travel to Bahrain from Nigeria step by step guide.