National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA)Salary Structure
Here we at facts36.com proudly present to you the National Drug Law Enforcement agency Salary structure for your information. This presentation is put together to sensitised those young men and women who are interested in enlisting in the NDLEA but are oblivious of the Salaries been paid to those guys working tirelessly to minimise the use of illicit drugs or substances abuse, thereby spear the country the huge problem and the expensive outcome of coping with the mentally deranged people.
The NDLEA may not be as popular as The Nigerian Army, Customs or The Immigration Services, however, it is important to know that they are a Paramilitary organisation established by the Federation Government to perform a unique function, both within the country and at the various border areas.
NATIONAL DRUG LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY SALARY STRUCTURE
Here’s the breakdown:
NARCOTICS ASSISTANT CADRE AND NARCOTICS AGENTS CADRE
1. Assistant Narcotics Agents: starting from N296,506 to N374,259 ( Level 3 – 5)
2. Narcotics Agents: starting from N357,385 to N411,454 (Level 6)
3. Senior Narcotics Agents: starting from N483,014 to N567,065 (Level 7)
SUPERINTENDENT OF NARCOTICS CADRE
1. Assistant Superintendent of Narcotics II: N858,956 to N986,991 (CONPASS 8)
2. Assistant Superintendent of Narcotics I: N939,310 to N1,056,416 (Level 9)
3. Deputy Superintendent of Narcotics: N1,012,562 to N1,143,539 (Level 10)
4. Superintendent of Narcotics: N1,094,027 to N1,252,038 (Level 11)
5. Chief Superintendent of Narcotics: N1,158,172 to N1,325,234 (Level 12)
6. Assistant Commanders of Narcotics: N1,225,584 to N1,405,449 (Level 13)
7. Deputy Commanders of Narcotics: N1,619,447 to N1,825,589 (Level 14)
8. Commanders of Narcotics: N1,759,921 to N1,966,281 (Level 15)
9. Assistant Commander General of Narcotics: N2,272,288 to N2,464,560 (Level 16)
10. Deputy Commandant General of Narcotics: Consolidated
11. Commanders General of Narcotics: Consolidated.
STILL ON, NATIONAL DRUG LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY SALARY STRUCTURE
It is important to note that the Salary presented here are devoid of allowances such as shift duty, guard duties, overtime, uniform, hazard, travelling, special investigation, etcetera.
Furthermore, the NDLEA is a Paramilitary organisation, therefore, the Service cannot set its Salaries singlehandedly, it must follow the guidelines issued by the Consolidated Paramilitary Salary Structure, (CONPASS) established by the Ministry of Interior. If NDLEA receives highly take-home pay than other Paramilitary sets up in the country, it must be certain allowances paid because of the nature of their assignments.
THE RANK STRUCTURE
Unlike in other Paramilitary organisations in Nigeria where you have two rank structures, that is the Inspectorate Cadre and Officers Cadre. The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency is working towards three (3) ranking structures namely: the Narcotics Assistant Cadre, Narcotics agents Cadre and the Superintendent of Narcotics Cadre.
Please note there are some works or functions that are strictly performed by professionally qualified trade men or women which doesn’t require a university degree such as drivers, cleaners, or Artisans, the Service cannot do without them, these are the lower Cadre but very vital for the smooth running of the NDLEA.
Likewise, there are certain categories of highly qualified professionals that are carrying out specialised functions such as Medical Doctors, laboratory Analysts, Nurses and IT expects whose services are needed, and specially engaged for a particular purpose, if you employ them and placed them on minimum wages like the general duty officers, certainly they will not come or if they answer your call be assured they will not stay long before checking out, therefore, such professional’s remuneration is strictly set by the Board in the Ministry of Interior. They wear the same uniform and go through the same Officer’s training in various areas, however, their starting Salary is above the normal person entering as a University graduate, or general duty officers.
STILL ON NATIONAL DRUG LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY SALARY STRUCTURE – OBEY THE ORDERS
Anyone who intends to enlist into the NDLEA should note from the onset that you’re joining a regimental team where you may not be able to form a union formally, be ready to follow structurally command rules. Equally, be ready to follow your commander’s orders without hesitations. Any act of disobedience or hesitation in carrying out orders from above is taken as an act of insubordination, which could lead to query or summary dismissal.
Furthermore, if you’re enlisting in NDLEA, be ready to work anywhere in the Federation and note that majority of your duties are fieldwork which entails investigating hard drugs dealers and users, some of them are believed violent, therefore be ready to do the dangerous work when the need arises. These are facts to take note of.
PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT AND REGULAR SALARIES
The beauty of enlisting in NDLEA is that you’re getting permanent employment and regular payments of salaries. To cap it all you are assured of pensionable employment that guarantees you a nice retirement. Finally, you are a trained Uniformed person who commands respect from all and sundry. Anywhere you go you’re seen as a special duty officer.
That’s all for now on the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency Salary Structure for more information on salaries you may contact this website.
- The Nigerian Police Force Salary Structure
- Nigeria Immigration Service Salary Structure
- 15 Countries That Grant Citizenship By Marriage
- Countries That Allow Conditional Citizenship By Marriage
- How To Join The Nigeria Customs Service
Tags: National Drug Law Enforcement Agency Salary Structure.