In taking a decision on living and working in Australia, it’s unimaginable or an absurdity how some individuals picked their bags and baggage and embark on illegal, expensive and risky entry into Australia territory, without minding the dangerous outcome and the chances of successful entry that are very slim. The fact that you can be pick up and thrown into a horrible detention camp by usually hostile security personnel which can transform you into a prohibited immigrant within seconds and become a liability to yourself and your family for life is enough reason why reasonable people should think twice before making that move.
GOING THE LEGAL WAY
Despite the fact that there are ways you can prosecute the means of living and working in Australia legally, taking a shortcuts, disappearing during sporting and cultural events, short visitor through the waterways may get you there, however, embarking on an expensive illegal undertaken of such are not only stupid but dangerous that usually led into living without peace of mind.
Remember, short cuts to entry, living in fear and short-term visas are the surest way to health complications in future.
Instead of looking for the easy way out, why don’t you try the legal options of processing living and working in Australia which we at facts36.com are analyzing for your considerations?
LIVING AND WORKING IN AUSTRALIA
Australia is a country many immigrants want to be for working and permanent relocation. Due to the fact that Australia is considered to have one of the most resilient, high growth economy in the world. Well planned and well-managed economy. The standard of living is very high compared to many other countries in the world. There are opportunities to work and make a living the right ways.
CHECK OUT TWO POSSIBLE OPTIONS FOR LIVING AND WORKING IN AUSTRALIA
- Study To Stay
- Obtain Employment Visa
STUDY TO STAY
This option involves applying for admission into a University in Australia and choose a course of study that will enable you to secure employment after your studies.
This is a systematic approach to living and working in Australia which we advised a young professional to consider.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING APPROACH
- Studying in a country adjudged to be the third most preferred destination for international students besides the United States and Great Britain. Study in Australia is a wise investment due to its well-performing Universities.
- As you’re studying it will automatically enable you to be familiar with their way of life.
- The period could be used for adaptations and orientations by being part of the system.
- You will not be required to obtain an additional licence to practice.
- You will be familiar with the type of profession that their industries and administrations are in need of
STEPS TO REALISE YOUR DREAM
Because you choose to study, these are the steps to realise your dream:
- Make a personal enquiry about Australia, their University system, the visa processing, cost of living and cost of studies.
- Enquire about the University or College that offer courses in your area of specialization. Look for University that teaches the course which will enable you to secure a job without disappointment in the long run.
- Be able to pay their required school fees.
- If possible pay a visit to the consular section of Australia Embassy in your country for enquiry and advice.
- Apply for a student visa.
TYPES OF STUDENT VISA
There is a different type of students visa however in our case we have to concentrate on the following:
- Student visa called Subclass 500. This type allows you to study full-time in Australia.
- Student guardian visa – Subclass 590 This is a type of visa issued to someone who is to provide care for an underage student.
- Training visa – Subclass 407, This type is issued specifically for a potential employee to be well grounded on the job to be assigned.
- Temporary Graduate visa – Subclass 485, This type is designed for international students who decide to work temporarily after the conclusion of his studies.
- Visiting and studying visa. This is a visitor visa that allows a foreigner to undertake a course of study on a short-term basis
- Working visa or Post – study work arrangement.
AUSTRALIA STUDENT VISA ELIGIBILITY
Prior to the placement of your student visa application to the Australia Embassy, you need to go through an eligibility assessment test.
It is called Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) which is designed to measure your genuine intention to reside in Australia for study or guardian of students purpose.
The eligibility assessment officer will want to consider the following points:
- How is your course of study will benefit you in your future endeavour?
- The present condition in your country of origin.
- Your International travel history.
- Your basic expectations in Australia.
REQUIREMENTS FOR AUSTRALIA STUDENT VISA
1. A downloaded Australia visa application form.
2. Your International passport with at least 6 months validity and unused visa
3. Letter of admission or acceptance of an offer which may be informed of an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) Certificate
4. Photocopy of your passport’s data page.
5. Two recently acquired passport sized photographs with white background.
6. Your birth certificate.
7. An under-age person (under 18) must present a letter of consent from both parents. Present form 157N.
8. Photocopies of both parent’s international passport data page or national identity card.
9. Produce Genuine Temporary Entrant.
10. Proof of sufficient funds for school fees and living expenses.
11. If you’re sponsored the sponsor’s Bank account statement for the last 6 months or your bank account statement if self sponsor.
12. Medical insurance cover which can be bought through the University in Australia from government approved provider and covers you throughout your studies in Australia.
13. Proof of funds for air ticket to your country.
14. Proof of English language proficiency. Test such as TOEFL, or IELTS etc.
15. All your academic credentials used in processing the admission.
16. Photocopies of all previous visas in your passport.
17. Police clearance certificate.
18. Port health certificate, (Yellow card) And others as directed by the embassy.
STILL ON AUSTRALIA VISA REQUIREMENTS.
After the collation of the above mentioned required documents, you’re to submit them personally at Teleperformance Ltd, Visa Application Centre. They are the accredited representative on visa matters of Australia Embassy in Nigeria.
At the VAC you are required to:
- Pay the visa application processing fee and biometrics charges
- Submit yourself for biometric fingerprint and other formalities.
- All the original documents you’re presenting must come with a set of photo copies.
- Be prepared for a visa interview.
- Allow 4 – 8 weeks for the visa application processing.
POST STUDY WORK ARRANGEMENTS
When you conclude your studies and decided to stay and work in Australia, what you need is Post – study work arrangement or working visa
According to the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs, The Temporary Graduate visa (Subclass 485) allows graduates to work in Australia temporarily after they finish their studies.
Still On Living And Working In Australia
THE WORK VISA OPTION
For any immigrants who don’t fancy the first option, he is free to apply for work visa directly, if he can meet their requirements.
The work visa can be processed by applying manually or online.
Please note in living and working in Australia the authority is highly selective about who is to be issued a work visa. Processing Australia work visa is highly intensive, complicating and demanding. You have to work very hard at meeting their requirements.
TYPES OF WORK VISA
When relocating to Australia the temporary work visa to be issued to you is called 457 Visa. It is valid for four years. The good news is that it is the surest way to a permanent work visa.
There are two main work visas issued to foreigners:
- Skilled Independent visa
- Skilled Sponsored visa
SKILLED INDEPENDENT VISA: This is a type of visa issued to a foreign skilled migrant who meets the other required criteria and sound in skill required by the Australian labour market.
SKILLED SPONSORED VISA: This is a type of visa issued to skilled migrant workers sponsored by A recognised Australian employer. A government agency of a State or Territory. A State or Territory authority.
REQUIREMENTS FOR AUSTRALIA WORK VISA
In order to qualify for Australia work visa you must:
1. Be sponsored by an authorised or approved employer to work in a nominated occupation on the Australian Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL)
2. Evidence of proficiency in the English language. i.e. the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score.
3. You’re well qualified for any relevant licences associated with the position
4. Scale through all health tests, and your health insurance is up to date.
6. Have no issues character-wise. It is mandatory to be of good character. Proof of police clearance certificate is highly desirable.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A WORK VISA
These are the procedure or steps in applying for Australia two categories of work visas.
1. SKILLED VISA:
For any applicant willing to apply for Skilled visa, the foremost thing to do is to go online and submit Expression of interest (EOI) on Skill Select The SkillSelect is the online system designed to receive and process applications for skilled migration in Australia.
Your submitted profile in SkillSelect will receive points for the details. The factors considering in the test are (a) Language proficiency – ability to speak English, (b) educational background, (c) Age, (d) Skills-how sound you’re in your profession (e) work experience. If your profiles get selected, you may get the nomination from Australia State, Territory or Employer to apply for the visa in Australia.
2. SPONSORED VISA:
As the name implies before this type of visa is issued you must be sponsored or nominated by an authorised person or business in Australia. Your potential employer must be an approved sponsor.
Your sponsor will lodge an application to sponsor you.
Afterwards, you can lodge an application online for the visa indicating your nomination Transaction Reference Number (TRN) or Application ID confirmed by your Employer in Australia.
That’s all on living and working in Australia, for a person under 30 we strongly recommended studies to stay. For an experienced professional you can apply for a work visa if you can. In case you cannot do it alone, search for a reliable agent that is well grounded in Australia work visas. It is easy that way.
For further information on Australia work visa please visit the Australian Government’s Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) website.
- LIVING AND WORKING IN THE NETHERLANDS
- UK PASSPORT VISA FREE COUNTRIES
- LIVING AND WORKING IN NEW ZEALAND
- LIVING AND WORKING IN GERMANY
- LIVING AND WORKING IN TURKEY
Tags: Living And Working In Australia
(Further references: visasavenue.com, work permit.com)