The primary purpose of this write-up ‘how to join the Nigeria Immigration Service’ is to serve as a guide for anyone interested in enlisting into the Nigeria Immigration Service whenever the Immigration Service is accepting application for recruitment into the Service, and not to be misled by unscrupulous people enticing prospective applicants to non-existent jobs nationwide.
Currently, the Immigration Service is not recruiting, the belated recruitment going on presently is to complete the process of the exercise that started two years ago.
The essential thing to do currently is to be prepared for another recruitment because it is a continuous process, it must happen sooner or later. Please be on the lookout.
HOW TO JOIN THE NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICE – APPLICATION GUIDE
When the Immigration Service announced its current recruitment exercise, the Service stated that it is open to any eligible Nigerian citizen who is interested and qualified for enlisting into the Nigeria Immigration Service.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE VACANCIES USUALLY AVAILABLE
1. IMMIGRATION ASSISTANT CADRE:
a) Immigration Assistant III (IA-3) Grade level 3 General Duty
Qualifications: SSCE/NECO/GCE Ordinary level, with at least 4 credits in not more than 2 sittings, it must include English and Mathematics
b) Immigration Assistant III (IA-3) Artisans and Drivers/Mechanics
Qualifications: SSCE/NECO/GCE ordinary level, or its equivalent Trade Test Certificates.
2. INSPECTORATE CADRE
a) Assistant Inspector of Immigration (AII) Grade level 6
Qualifications: NCE/ND from a recognized institution
b) Inspector of Immigration (II) Grade level 07.
Vacancies for Professional nurses. Applicants must be a registered nurses, basic qualification
c) Senior Inspector of Immigration (SII) Grade level 08
Vacancies for Professional Nurses. Applicants must be registered nurses, with a post-basic qualification.
d) Senior Inspector of Immigration (SII) General Duty. Grade level 08.
Applicants must be holders of HND from a recognized institution. Presentation of NYSC Discharge certificate is mandatory.
a) Assistant Superintendent of Immigration II (ASI-2) General Duty, Grade level 08.
Qualifications: Applicants must have a minimum of first degree from a recognized institution of higher education. Presentation of NYSC Discharge certificate is mandatory.
b) Deputy Superintendent of Immigration (DSI) Grade level 10
Professionals (Pharmacist). Applicants must have a minimum of the first degree in Pharmacy from a recognized institution of higher education and an NYSC Discharge certificate.
c) Superintendent of Immigration (SI) Grade level 11.
Professional (Doctors) Applicants must have a minimum of the first degree (MBBS) from a recognized institution of higher education and an NYSC Discharge certificate.
STILL ON HOW TO JOIN THE NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICE – APPLICATION PROCESS
For any qualified applicants for the above-mentioned vacancies, these are the ways you can apply successfully for the jobs.
All application processes must be done online by visiting one of the Civil Defence, Correctional, Fire and Immigration Service Board (CDCFIB) official website: www.immigrationrecuitment.org.ng
THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
The following are the general requirements for the attention of all interested applicants:
1be Must be a bonafide Nigerian citizen.
2. Must have an original national identity card (NIN)
3. The person must be medically fit.
4. Must present a certificate of medical fitness from a government hospital
5. Must not be less than 1.65 meters for Male and 1.56 for females.
6. Must not be an ex-convict
7. Must not have any financial liabilities
8. All applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 30 years except for Medical Doctors and Pharmacists who must not be more than 35 years of age.
9. Must be computer literate.
10. Must be of good character.
11. Must not be a member of any secret
12. Be ready to undergo and pass a drug test.
13. For males only, the person must have a chest measurement of not less than 0.87m.
14. Furthermore, the credentials not declared and accepted at the recruitment centre will not be accepted later on.
Please note that if you have any of the following physical challenges you should not apply due to the mode of the Immigration Service:
1. If you’re a stammer or dumb
2. If you gave gross malformations of teeth.
3. If you have knocked knees, Bent knees, Bowlegs and K-legs.
4. Flat foot, Limp legs
5. Bent arms/deformed hands, fractured hands or legs.
6. Defective eyesight (squint-eyed, crossed eyes one-eyed and total blindness.
7. Amputation of any part of the body
8. Hearing impaired
9. Hunched back
11. Any physical deformity not mentioned
12. Pregnant women should not apply due to the rigour of the physical exercise that may happen in the recruitment process.
STILL ON HOW TO JOIN THE NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICE
Please note that when you applied and you’re shortlisted be ready to participate in a computer-based test. The time and dates are always communicated to all concerned applicants.
Furthermore, note that you’re expected to place in your application 4 weeks from the date of publication. A late application is usually rejected.
You’re strongly advised to use an active email/phone number because these are the only means the Board will communicate with you throughout the recruitment period.
Additionally please be informed that the application is not for sale under any circumstances.
THE BOTTOM LINE ON HOW TO JOIN THE NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICE
Please note that if you choose to join Nigeria Immigration Service you should be forthright and focus, getting the job is no longer an easy task but not impossible for any applicant who is ready to weather the storm
Right now the Nigeria Immigration portal is closed as soon as the Board give a go-ahead for another recruitment program we shall get you posted immediately.
- Nigeria Correctional Service Salary Structure
- How To Join The Nigeria Customs Service
- Top 21 Functions Of The Nigeria Iimmigration Service
- How To Join The Nigeria Police Force
- How To Join The Federal Roads Safety Corps
Tags: How to join the Nigeria Immigration Service