Many intending passengers usually felt embarrassed if Immigration authorities at the point of departure disallowed or refused them departure, despite the fact that the passenger is in possession of passport and visa. We at FACTS36.COM illustrates bellow some important points you should possess on how to avoid refused departure from Nigeria, or anywhere in the world.
- insufficient funds
- no hotel reservation
- no letter of invitation
- the validity of passport or visa
- no return ticket
- Fake passport /visa or identity fraud
- A wanted person
- Unaccompanied minor.
HOW TO AVOID REFUSED DEPARTURE FROM NIGERIA
FACTORS TO AVOID REFUSED DEPARTURE FROM NIGERIA
- INSUFFICIENT FUNDS: Any passenger travelling out of the country supposed to have basic travel allowance sufficient for the duration of his or her stay in his host country. If you do not have proof of funds for the journey, immigration authorities may refused you departure.
- HOTEL RESERVATION: It is expected that you have a confirmed hotel reservation.
If you’re staying with a relationship you should provide a proof. This is to avoid been stranded in a strange environment. Non-provision of hotel reservation may lead to refused departure.
- NO LETTER OF INVITATION: If you’re visiting a relation or friend or an organisation, it’s important to obtain a letter of invitation from the person or group. A lady joining her spouse should demand from him (apart from the letter of invitation) a copy of his valid residence card and the data page of his passport and tender same to immigration authority on demand to avoid refused departure.
- VALIDITY OF THE TRAVEL DOCUMENTS: If your passport or visa is about to expire it is better to reissue it otherwise it may lead to refused departure.
- NO RETURN TICKET: The international travel practice demands a passenger going on visiting or tourism should possess a backwards ticket for ready-made use at the end of his visit unless you’re an experienced traveller, failure to produce a return ticket may lead to refused departure.
- OVERSTAY: A foreigner on a visit to Nigeria who overstays his/her visa or a foreigner who is no longer in employment in Nigeria may be subjected to overstay tax in order to avoid refused departure
- FAKE PASSPORT/VISA OR IDENTITY FRAUD: Sometime a passenger may unknowingly or deliberately be in possession of fake travel document, or tamper with his/her travel document if Immigration authorities discover the anomaly the passport may be confiscated and the passenger refused departure.
- A WANTED PERSON: If the name of the passenger is in the wanted list or there is a report or order from a lawyer or any competent authority against the passenger at the point of departure Immigration official may disallow the passenger from departing the country until further directive from the higher authority.
- UNACCOMPANIED MINOR: An underage person should be accompanied by an adult or present convincing evidence of travelling alone, otherwise Immigration official may refuse departure,
- NO CLEAR DESTINATION: If a passenger despite the facts that he met all requirements but could not stay his reasons clearly for travelling and his mission is in doubt by the authorities he may be stopped and refused departure.
- HEALTH REASONS: If a passenger is not physically sound or not in possession of health certificate or the so-called yellow paper is not properly endorsed or mutilated Immigration official may refuse departure.
- AN UNRULY BEHAVIOUR: If a passenger exhibit robustious or disorderly manner or drunk which the authority believed he could be violent inside the Aeroplane immigration may refuse departure.
These are some things you should take note of before you reach the immigration departure point to avoid refused departure.
If you have any further information on how to avoid refused departure from Nigeria feel free to contact us.
- HOW TO AVOID REFUSED ENTRY INTO USA
- HOW TO AVOID VISA REJECTION
- HOW TO AVOID REFUSED ENTRY INTO SOUTH AFRICA
- HOW TO APPLY FOR NIGERIA WORK VISA
- /Nigeria tourist visa, all you need to know
Tag: HOW TO AVOID REFUSED DEPARTURE FROM NIGERIA