HOW TO APPLY FOR SWITZERLAND VISA IN NIGERIA
For any intending traveler to the chief non-allying country in the world, Switzerland, or Swiss confederation located in western Europe, despite being a home to many United Nation headquarters there is no free entry, therefore be prepared to obtain a visa to enter. This is how to apply for Switzerland visa in Nigeria.
Despite the fact that Swiss confederation is not participating in European Union, however, Switzerland participates in Schengen area, therefore Switzerland visa is a Schengen visa.
TYPE OF VISA YOU CAN OBTAIN AT THE SWITZERLAND EMBASSY IN NIGERIA
- 1. SHORT TERM VISA
- Transit visa,
- Tourist visa,
- Conference visa
- Business visa
- Visiting visa
- Cultural visa
- Medical Treatment visa.
- 2. LONG TERM VISA
- Student visa
- Employment visa
- Family reunion visa
- Relocation visa
WHERE TO APPLY FOR SWITZERLAND VISA IN NIGERIA
It is important to know that all your consular inquiries and visa application should be channels through the Swiss embassy in Abuja
If you’re applying from Nigeria, please note the following:
- You cannot apply for Switzerland visa in Lagos.
- All your transactions should be by appointment.
- Furthermore, it is possible to fast-track application procedure for urgent medical purposes.
There is a special form for this: Online Application form for the urgent appointment for medical or humanitarian reasons.
HOW TO APPLY FOR SWITZERLAND VISA IN NIGERIA
1. Download the Switzerland application form online or obtain one at Swiss Embassy. (Note that the form is free of charge)
2. Carefully complete the visa application form and sign it personally.
3. Includes the following documents:
SWITZERLAND VISA APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- 1. Your International passport with at least 3 months validity and unused visa pages.
- 2. All your previous passport valid, expire or cancelled.
- 3. Photocopy of the data page of your passport.
- 4. Photocopy of previous visas in your passport or refusal history.
- 5. Two recently acquired passport sized photographs with white background.
- 6. Police clearance certificate.
- 7. Health insurance certificate with a minimum of € 30,000 covering all the Schengen area effective through your period of stay in Europe.
- 8. Evidence of hotel reservation for the duration of your stay in Switzerland.
- 9. Evidence of flight booking indicating the airline, departure and arrival dates (Please note that you are not expected to buy tickets in advance until you obtain the visa)
- 10. Basic travelling allowance sufficient to cover your entire stay in Switzerland.
- 11. An employee travelling must present a letter of introduction from his employer, stating your designation, nature of employment, your annual take home, your leave letter starting and resumption dates.
- 12. If you’re self-employed, your tax return, original of your business incorporation certificate, your company bank statement for the last 3 months duly stamped and signed by the Bank.
- 13. Clear written statement stating the purpose of visit.
- 14. An under-age person travelling alone or accompanied by parents or guardian must present the following:
- Separate visa application form signed by both parents.
- Letter of consent from the parents
- His original international passport.
- The child’s original birth certificate.
- Photocopy of the parent’s identity card or residence card or data page of the parents passports.
- The parent’s bank account statement.
- Letter of attendance from the child’s school and permission to travel
- 15. Additional requirements for business travellers:
- Letter of invitation from the organization or your business partner in Switzerland.
- The must come on company’s letter headed paper include all your details, and stating the duration and purpose of your visit.
- Photocopy of the company’s certificate of incorporation
- Evidence of your recent business dealings with the company in Switzerland.
- Evidence if the company is going to be responsible for your accommodation and financial support.
- The letter of invitation must be signed and sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The email must arrive the embassy before the appointment date.
- 16. Additional requirements for applicant travelling on invitation
- Letter of invitation from your relative or friend in Switzerland
- Proof of your relationship.
- Photocopy of the person’s Swiss passport, identity card or residence permit.
- The letter of invitation must state the duration and reason for your visit, and signed by the host.
- It must be sent by email to: email@example.com before the appointment date.
- 17. Additional requirements for applicant on medical treatment:
- Medical appointment from a hospital in Switzerland.
- An official letter explaining that the Hospital is ready and capable of performing the medical treatment the applicant is searching for.
- A written report from your personal doctor in Nigeria explaining the reasons for urgent medical treatment in Switzerland.
- Evidence of advanced payment for the treatment, accommodation and additional insurance coverage.
- 18. Additional requirements for Student visa
- Letter of admission or acceptance of offer from a University or College in Switzerland.
- Original and photocopy of your birth certificate.
- Evidence of payment of school fees ( part or full payment)
- A written statement of facts why you want to come to Switzerland to study.
- If you’re under sponsorship – Letter of sponsorship from your sponsor.
- Your sponsor’s Bank account statement for the last 6 months duly stamped and signed by the Bank.
- Proof of sufficient funds to finance you throughout your studies in Switzerland.
- Written statement signed by you that you will return to your country after graduation.
- Any other documents as may be required by the embassy.
- Please note that you will attend visa interview for the student visa.
STILL ON HOW TO APPLY FOR SWITZERLAND VISA IN NIGERIA
After the compilation and collation of all the required documents, you’re to submit them personally at the Switzerland embassy.
Please note the following before submission:
- Payment of Visa application processing fee at visa application centre.
- All the documents you’re submitting must come with a set of photocopies.
- Ensure that all the documents you’re submitting are completed, genuine and duly signed by you.
- Be sure you appear personally for biometric fingerprint scans at the submission centre. Unless you have done it within the last 59 months.
BOOKING OF APPOINTMENT.
Please note that it is mandatory for you to book an appointment prior to submission of your visa application.
Take note, from the time you’re planning your appointment that the procedure for the visa takes 15 days.
To book an appointment there are two options available:
- You can send email to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call this number +234 810 071 8184, Monday to Thursday between 02.00 p.m. to 03.00 p.m.
Furthermore, on your appointment day ensure you arrived at least 10 minutes before the times.
ADDRESS OF SWITZERLAND EMBASSY IN ABUJA
- Embassy of Switzerland,
No. 157, Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent,
- Telephone numbers:
+234 9 22 00 400- 01 – 02
+234 9 810 411 9945 – 46
Email address: email@example.com
BOTTOM LINE ON HOW TO APPLY FOR SWITZERLAND VISA IN NIGERIA
Factually speaking traveling to Switzerland is not popular from this part of the world due to assumption over a long time that standard of living is very high and things were on the high side.
Quoting Wikipedia, Switzerland is one of the most developed countries in the world, with the highest nominal wealth per adult and the eighth-highest per capita gross domestic product according to IMF.
Switzerland has a stable, prosperous and high-tech economy and enjoys great wealth, being ranked as the wealthiest country in the world per capita in multiple rankings.
Switzerland is a place to consider for living and working if you can meet their requirements. Whenever you have the opportunity, it a place worth trying for relocation temporarily or permanently because it is a place adjudged to be a safe and clean country in the world.
- HOW TO APPLY FOR BELGIUM VISA IN NIGERIA
- HOW TO APPLY FOR CYPRUS VISA IN NIGERIA
- HOW TO APPLY FOR IRELAND VISA IN NIGERIA
- HOW TO APPLY FOR SLOVAKIA VISA IN NIGERIA
- HOW TO APPLY FOR HUNGARY VISA IN NIGERIA
Tags: HOW TO APPLY FOR SWITZERLAND VISA IN NIGERIA