Getting a visa to travel to the Gulf state of Qatar from Nigeria is possible because Qatar maintains an Embassy in Nigeria. Although the issue of visa on arrival is in operation in some cases, it is important to familiarise yourself with how to apply for Qatar visa in Nigeria.
I’m quite sure you are aware that Qatar is hosting the FIFA World Cup in 2022, next to Russia in 2018. With the speed at which development and transformation are going on in Qatar currently, there is no doubt Doha the country’s capital may soon surpass Dubai as the most visited city in the Middle East. Therefore you should endeavour to visit Doha to experience the marvellous transformations.
To travel to Doha or any other city in Qatar you need a visa to enter.
This is How To Apply For Qatar Visa in Nigeria
The following are some of the different types of visas you can process at the Qatar embassy in Nigeria.
- Transit visa: This is the type of visa that allows the holder to make a stopover in Qatar for a period of about 72 hours. It is used mainly by travellers connecting planes or vessels through Qatar to another country.
- Tourist visa: This is the most popular type of visa. It is issued to people travelling to Qatar on tourism, vacation, honeymoon, visiting a family member or visiting friends. It enables the holder to stay for 30 days.
- Business visas: These are issued to people going to Qatar for business purposes, such as business meetings, conferences, seminars. It enables the holder to stay for 30 days.
- Student visa. This is a type of visa issued to applicants going for further studies. Its validity depends on the duration of the course applied for.
- Working or employment visa. It is issued to an applicant who is travelling to Qatar to take up employment. The applicant must apply online or through a sponsor and secured a job before being eligible to apply for an employment visa.
HOW TO APPLY FOR QATAR VISA IN NIGERIA
These are the steps to follow in applying for a Qatar visa in Nigeria
- 1. Download the visa application form, by visiting the Qatar embassy website.
- 2. Print out the hard copy, carefully fill in your details. (If you’re unable to get it online, better obtain it directly from the Embassy)
- 3. Submit the duly completed visa application form signed by you to the Qatar embassy.
- 4. Attach the following required documents:
- 1. Your International passport with at least six months validity and unused visa pages.
- 2. Photocopy of the data page of your passport.
- 3. Two recently taken passport-sized photographs with white background.
- 4. Evidence of Basic travelling allowance sufficient to cover your entire stay in Qatar.
- 5. Evidence of hotel reservation or proof of accommodation in Qatar.
- 6. Evidence of flight booking indicating your arrival and departure dates from Qatar.
- 7. Statement of reasons for travelling to Qatar.
- 8. Evidence of medical insurance.
- 9. Your last six months bank account statement duly signed by the Bank.
- 10. Attach the payment receipt of the visa application processing fee
- 11. If you’re invited, a letter of sponsor from your person in Qatar, address to the embassy. The person will include the photocopy of his/her residence permit or national identity card.
- 12. Additional requirements for a business traveller:
Letter of invitation from the sponsor or company inviting you, photocopy of the company’s business registration.
Evidence of accommodation arrangement and financial responsibility.
STILL ON HOW TO APPLY FOR QATAR VISA IN NIGERIA
After the compilation of the required documents, you’re to submit them personally at the embassy of Qatar in Nigeria.
ADDRESS OF EMBASSY OF QATAR IN ABUJA, NIGERIA
- Suite 412, Transcorp Hilton,
Telephone number: +234 909 426 4010
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
FURTHER AVENUES TO FAST TRACK QATAR VISA
Qatar like most Gulf States, in applying for their visa you need a sponsor who must be:
- A legal resident of Qatar is qualified to be your sponsor
- A bonafide citizen of Qatar.
- An employer of labour: If a company or an individual is willing to employ you he may arrange your visa by be your sponsor.
- Your family member or friend residing in Qatar.
- An established Hotel can assist you in processing your visa, provided you’re to stay with them.
- Qatar Airways can process your visa if you’re travelling with them.
- Some travel agents to assist in processing Qatar visas if you trust them and pay their charges.
Regardless of opposition from numerous quarters, Qatar is forging ahead. Qatar is seriously preparing for the 2022 FIFA World Cup. Critics talked of venues, Qatar built world-class soccer stadiums with modern facilities
The critics’ complaint of weather, Qatar built the stadium with fully air-conditioned.
They talked about security, Qatar guaranteed first-class security by training security personnel and provide them with state of the art types of equipment.
The critics’ complaint of Arabia heat in June, Qatar is proposing a shift from the traditional June /July tournament, to January /February the Arabian winter season.
Whatever they wanted Qatar will definitely proffer a solution because Qatar is a winner anytime. Let them go and sit down and keep emulating Qatar.
- CANADIAN PASSPORT VISA FREE COUNTRIES 2018 FULL LIST
- TOP 15 PASSPORT OFFICES IN NIGERIA WHERE YOU CAN GET PASSPORT FAST
- BULGARIA EMBASSY IN NIGERIA, VISA SERVICES INFORMATION
- HOW TO APPLY FOR DUBAI VISA FROM NIGERIA
- HOW TO GET OMAN VISA IN NIGERIA
Tags: How to apply for Qatar visa in Nigeria.