This is how to apply for new Zealand visa from Nigeria.
Travelling to New Zealand may be a lifetime opportunity, adventure, and achievements because it is one of the most far away place on earth. If you intend travelling to this far away land for whatever reason be it’s touring, holidaying, researching, business, relocating, working, visiting or studies you must obtain an entry visa. It is imperative to bear in mind that this continent called Zealandia does not have an embassy in Nigeria, we at facts36.com are here to illustrates to you ” How to apply for New Zealand visa from Nigeria”
HOW TO APPLY FOR NEW ZEALAND VISA FROM NIGERIA
Let us begin by telling you the different types of visas you can obtain to travel to New Zealand and their usefulness.
- Transit visa.
- Visitors visa.
- Temporary long stay visa.
- Resident visa.
- Permanent entry visa.
- Student visa.
- Work visa.
- Working holiday visa.
Let illustrates the six most used or popular visas and the type of functions they performed.
Please note, according to New Zealand immigration information, “The easiest visa to get isn’t the best”
1. TRANSIT VISA: enables the holder to make a stopover in New Zealand for a short period. It is used by passengers passing through New Zealand territory by flight or ocean liner
2. VISITOR VISA: enables the holder to visit New Zealand as a tourist, to see family and friends or to do business. It allows the holder to stay in New Zealand for a period of up to 9 months, however, the holder cannot engage in work activities.
3. WORK VISA: allows the holder to stay for a long period of time, and he is entitled to employment and needs a job offer to apply.
4. WORKING HOLIDAY VISA: this is used mainly by travellers holidaying and who is not a permanent resident in New Zealand but arrived to undertake a specific short-term job. How long they can stay and how long they can work depends on the type of job and the duration of their visa.
5. STUDENT VISA: Issued to those coming for studies purpose. How long they can stay depends on the duration of the course. They can engage in a part-time job. How long they can work depends on the course of study. A student is permitted to work up to 20 hours per week part-time during the school season. And work full term during the holiday.
6. RESIDENT VISA: This type of visa are issued to a few foreigners who apply for a permanent stay, it provides access to more public services in New Zealand. How long the holder can stay and how long he can work is indefinite.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NEW ZEALAND VISA FROM NIGERIA
There are two viable options available in applying for New Zealand visa from Nigeria
1. Applying online
2. Applying through South Africa
You can apply online for different types of New Zealand visa such as visitor, student or work visa. It is much faster and easier using the online system.
1. Download the online visa application form,
2. For the visa application form, you can get it by visiting: www.immigration.govt.nz
2. Carefully fill in your particulars online.
3. Upload your photographs and all the required supporting documents.
4. Pay the visa application processing fee equally online using your credit card.
5. Finally, submit the completed form and all the documents online.
CHECKING YOUR VISA APPLICATION STATUS
After you have properly applied for a visa the next step is to be checking the status of your application.
2. Forwarding of your International passport: In order to verify your identity, there may be a need to forward your passport to New Zealand immigration.
Please take note of the following:
1. In applying online you must have a credit card.
2. The photograph you’re sending must be a recently taken, and clear enough for easy identification.
2. All your supporting documents such as copies of your passport, health certificate, police report, birth certificate, etc. must be available in an electronic file.
3. The advantage of applying electronically is that you may be eligible for an eVisa, therefore, forwarding of your passport may not be necessary.
APPLYING THROUGH VFSGLOBAL, SOUTH AFRICA
For an applicant who does not want to apply online, he can apply through VFSGLOBAL Visa Application Centre in Pretoria South Africa to process New Zealand visa.
1. The foremost thing is to schedule an appointment at VAC to submit your application personally.
2. Download the visa application form by visiting the VFS global website.
3. Attach all the original required documents
4. Attach two recently taken passport sized photographs with white background.
5. Attach photocopies of all the original documents.
6. Make a payment of the visa processing fee other specified charges.
7. After submission of the application, you may request a friend or relation to collect your documents but you have to give the person a letter of authorization.
8. While waiting for your application to be processed, you can track the progress of your application through the VFSGLOBAL website.
9. Apply well ahead of your scheduled travel to allow the New Zealand immigration to process your visa application.
NEW ZEALAND VISA REQUIREMENTS
1. A downloaded visa application form duly completed with your details and signed by you.
2. Your International passport is valid for the entire duration of your visit to New Zealand.
3. Two recently acquired passport sized coloured photographs
4. Evidence of Basic travelling allowance sufficient to cover your entire stay in New Zealand.
5. Bank account statement for the last 3 months.
6. Police clearance certificate
7. Medical insurance certificate.
8. Evidence of returned ticket.
9. Proof of accommodation arrangement or booking.
10. Proof that you have no intention of staying permanently in New Zealand – That you will return to your home base after your visit.
11. If you’re visiting family or relative, you should provide evidence of the relationship.
10. Additional requirements for business travellers:
– Letter of invitation from your business partner in New Zealand.
– Letter of introduction to your company in Nigeria.
– Photocopy of the company certificate of incorporation.
– Your tax clearance certificate.
– Evidence of the type of business you intend to engage in New Zealand.
WHERE IS NEW ZEALAND LOCATED
According to the New Zealand Tourism Guide, New Zealand is located approximately, 1,500km east of Australia and about, 1,000km from the Pacific Islands. Due to its relative remoteness and being water locked, New Zealand was one of the last countries to be found and settled.
It is a small island nation of just over 4.5 million people, New Zealand is made up of two major islands ( North Island and South Island) and a number of small islands.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Going to a faraway place like New Zealand required adequate planning and preparations. It is a capital-intensive journey, going and coming back may be difficult to decide and undertake, therefore, before setting out on this adventurous undertaken, a potential New Zealand visa seeker should weigh in his options, make enquiries about the Island country, be conversant with their system and orientation. Prepare for entirely new life in order to enjoy the place.
My take is that fortune usually smiles on those that love moving far away from their locality. Surely you can be one of them, all you need is adequate preparations and the will to get to New Zealand and start productive living.
- HOW TO APPLY FOR AUSTRALIA VISA IN NIGERIA
- HOW TO APPLY FOR QATAR VISA IN NIGERIA
- TOP 15 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD VISIT DUBAI
- LIVING AND WORKING IN NEW ZEALAND
- LIVING AND WORKING IN AUSTRALIA
Tags: HOW TO APPLY FOR NEW ZEALAND VISA FROM NIGERIA.