Luxembourg a small country in Central Europe, shared border with France, Germany and Belgium and a member of European Union does not have an embassy in Nigeria therefore if you’re interested in travelling to this beautiful country for business, tourism, conference, investment, medical, relocation or further studies get ready to visit the Belgian Visa Application Centre in Nigeria to process a Schengen visa, this is how to apply for Luxembourg visa in Nigeria.
HOW TO APPLY FOR LUXEMBOURG VISA IN NIGERIA
1. The foremost thing to do is to visit the Belgian Visa Application Centre, in your area of jurisdiction on the type of visa you intend to obtain.
Please note that the Luxembourg Schengen visa is valid to travel all other 26 members of European Union countries, however, if you obtain a Luxembourg visa your trip must be originated from the country.
2. Download the visa application form online and print out the hard copy.
3. INFORMATION NOTE: Before you start completing the visa application form endeavour to read the information note to guide you through the filling of the form.
4. Carefully fill in your details and ensure that the information you’re supplying is accurate.
– GRANTED A VISA: If you were granted a visa, endeavour to take along copies of the documents submitted with your application because immigration officers at the entry point may want to verify it.
4. Attach the following documents:
LUXEMBOURG VISA APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. Your International passport with at least 6 months validity and unused visa pages, to allows for the visa sticker on your passport.
2. Two recently taken photograph sized photographs with white background.
3. Photocopy of the data page of your passport.
4. Travel medical insurance with a minimum coverage of € 30,000 covering the whole of Schengen area.
5. Basic travelling allowance sufficient to cover your entire stay in Luxembourg. Or proof that you can take care of yourself or you have relatives that can provide for you during your stay in Luxembourg.
6. Your bank account statement for the last 6 months duly endorsed by the Bank.
7. Police clearance certificate.
8. Evidence of hotel reservation for the duration of your stay in Ireland or private accommodation from your person in Luxembourg.
9. Photocopies of all previous visas in your passport.
10. Proof of flight booking, indicating the airline, departure and arrival dates. (Please note that you are not expected to buy tickets in advance until you obtain the visa)
11. Written statement for the purpose of visitor why you chooses Luxembourg.
12. An under-age person travelling alone or accompanied by a guardian must present:
– Original birth certificate
– Letter of consent from both parents
– Attach the photocopy of the parent’s identity card or data page of their passports.
– The visa application form must be signed by the guardian.
13. Additional Requirements For Business Traveller
– Original letter of invitation from your business partner or the organisation inviting you, stating the purpose of your visit and the duration and their readiness to undertake your financial responsibility.
– Photocopy of the company’s certificate of incorporation.
– Your tax clearance certificate.
– Proof of commercial activities and recent business dealings, such as frequent contacts and recent correspondence.
14. Additional requirements for applicant participating in Conferences, Seminars, Cultural events and congresses: Original letter of invitation from an organisation in Luxembourg permitting you to attend event connected with your profession, evidence of registration and ticket for the event.
15. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENT VISA.
– Original letter of admission or acceptance of an offer.
– Your original birth certificate.
– Evidence of payment of school fees (part payment or full)
– Original and photocopies of all documents used in processing the school admission.
– if you’re under sponsorship, letter of sponsor from the person.
– Evidence of financial capabilities from the sponsor to cover the duration of your studies.
– Bank account statement for the last six months from your sponsor duly stamped and signed by the Bank.
– Proof and presentation of a letter of temporary authorization to stay for the Luxembourg immigration department.
– A written statement stating that you will leave Luxembourg after graduation.
– Any other documents as may be required by the embassy.
16. Additional requirements for applicant travelling on tourism:
– Proof of continuous employment in your country.
– Production of a comprehensive travel plan.
– Your letter of leave duly endorsed by your employer
– Your bank account statement for the last 6 months.
– Photocopy of your tax clearance certificate.
17. Additional requirements for applicant going on medical treatment:
– Medical appointment from a hospital in Luxembourg
– An official letter from the hospital stating the hospital is ready of performing medical treatment the applicant needed.
– A written report from the applicant’s personal doctor in Nigeria explaining the reasons for urgent medical treatment abroad.
– Evidence of advanced payment for the treatment, accommodation and additional medical insurance coverage.
STILL ON HOW TO APPLY FOR LUXEMBOURG VISA IN NIGERIA
SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM
After the compilation and collation of all the required documents, you’re to submit them personally at the Belgium Visa Application Centre.
Please note the following at the point of submission:
1. Pay the visa application processing fee at the centre
2. Pay the Biometric fees.
3. Submit yourself for the biometric fingerprint scans.
4. Ensure you do the submission well ahead of your travel to allow the embassy time to process your request.
5. The processing time ideally is 14 working days
6. The short-term visa fee is €60 (sixty euro)
7. Note that you’re to go with the exact amount because most of them don’t give change.
8. Please note that all the original documents you’re submitting must come with a set of photocopies and you’re required to make 3 photocopies of the data page and the previous visas.
It is possible to track your application
This can be done by computing your Reference number and your date of birth.
Please note that if you’re applying for a long stay visa, such as Student visa, you may be called for an interview in due course.
WHERE TO SUBMIT YOUR VISA APPLICATION
Addresses of the Belgium visa application centres in Nigeria
Belgium Visa Application Centre,
No. 38, Lobito Crescent,
Visa Application submission hours: Monday to Friday 8.00 a.m. to. 2.00 pm.
Passport Collection hours: Monday to Friday 10.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. m.
Belgium Visa Application Centre,
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way,
Opposite Treasure Garden Estate,
3rd Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway,
Lekki Phase 1,
Submission of Visa Application: Monday to Friday 8.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.
Passport Collection time: Monday to Friday 10.00. a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
- HOW TO BOOK APPOINTMENT IN GERMAN EMBASSY IN NIGERIA
- HOW TO APPLY FOR PORTUGAL VISA IN NIGERIA
- HOW TO APPLY FOR SLOVENIA VISA FROM NIGERIA
Tags: How To Apply For Luxembourg Visa in Nigeria