For any Ghanaian other than a diplomat interested in travelling to Germany for tourism, visiting, medical, studying, researching, conference, relocation or working an entry visa is required. That’s why facts36.com is explaining here comprehensively how to apply for a German visa in Ghana.
TYPES OF VISA YOU CAN OBTAIN AT THE GERMAN EMBASSY
The types of visa you can obtain are categorized into two.
1. Short-term visas such as business, touring, vacationing, visiting, event and conference, medical and transit visas. These are the type of visa that allows the holder to stay for a maximum period of 90 days.
2. Long-term visas: Working, Studies, Relocating, Family reunion, and relocation. These are a visa that requires a long period of stay for more than 90 days, and their validity relies solely on the months or years of your applied undertakings.
HOW TO APPLY FOR GERMAN VISA IN GHANA
1. Obtain or download the German visa application form
2. Carefully fill in your complete details in capital letters and append your signature.
3. Attach the following documents:
1. Your International passport with at least six months validity and be sure you have blank pages.
2. Two recently taken passport sized photographs on white background.
3. Proof of flight booking with clear flight itineraries such as arrival and departure dates. (Do not pay for your ticket before the issuance of a visa)
4. Proof of hotel reservation.
5. Evidence of travel insurance with a minimum of €30,000 coverage.
6. Original copy of a police report.
7. Evidence of basic travelling allowance sufficient to cover your entire stay in Germany.
8. Written statement for travelling to Germany.
9. Your bank statement of account for the last 6 months duly endorsed by the Bank.
10. An employee travelling must obtain a letter of leave from the employer indicating the designation and the duration of the leave.
11. Photocopy of the data page of your passport
12. Photocopies of all the previous visas in your passport (if any)
11. An under-age person travelling unaccompanied or accompanied by parents or legal guardian must submit the following additional documents:
– the Child’s birth certificate.
– The letter of consent from both parents duly signed by them.
– The parent’s identity cards or residence cards or data page of their passport.
– The parent or guardian must sign the child’s form.
Additional requirements for a business traveller:
– An original letter of invitation from your business partner which must be on the company’s official letter headed paper, stating the duration and purpose of the invitation.
– Proof of your recent business dealings with the company in Germany.
– If the company is to be responsible for the applicant’s accommodation and other needs there must be a written proof.
– Photocopy of the company’s certificate of incorporation.
– Your personal income tax clearance certificate.
Additional requirements for applicant travelling on the invitation.
– An invitation letter from your friend or relative in Germany indicating your relationship and the reasons for inviting you.
– Photocopy of your relative identity card or residence card.
– The letter must be sent by email before the date of appointment.
Additional requirements for anyone going for medical reasons
– Medical appointment from a Hospital in Germany.
– An original letter stating that the Hospital is ready and capable of performing the medical treatment the person is travelling for.
– A written report from the applicant person doctor in Ghana explaining the reasons for urgent medical treatment.
– Submit additional insurance coverage for the period to stay in Germany.
– Proof of financial capabilities to undergo medical treatment in Germany, including the advanced payment.
Additional requirements for anyone applying for a Student visa.
1. Original letter of admission or acceptance of an offer from a recognised College or University in Germany.
2. Evidence of part or full payment of school fees or scholarship offer to study in Germany.
3. Original and Photocopies of all the documents used in processing the University’s admission.
4. The applicant’s birth certificate.
5. If the applicant is under sponsorship, letter of sponsorship from the parents or guardian.
6. Bank account statement for the last 6 months (your own or your sponsor)
7. Evidence of financial capabilities (bank blocked account) for the entire period of your studies in Germany.
8. Be prepared to submit any other documents as may be requested by the embassy.
Please note that if you’re travelling as a tourist or on vacation you’re not required to present a letter of invitation.
STILL ON, HOW TO APPLY FOR GERMAN VISA IN GHANA
BOOKING OF AN APPOINTMENT
Unless you are a frequent traveller to Germany or one of the few exempted person, you must schedule an appointment before you can submit a completed application at the German embassy.
The booking system must be done on an electronic form.
Be sure to enter your passport number correctly, any errors in computing the passport number will render the process useless.
Please note further that there is no group appointment, it must be done per passport.
On your day of appointment be ready to submit your completed application form personally.
Please note the following points before submission:
1. Ensure that all the required documents you’re submitting are authentic and complete.
2. Pay the visa application processing fee and the biometric charges.
3. Do the biometric fingerprint scans and other formalities.
4. Ensure that all the original documents you’re submitting come with a set of photocopies.
5. On your day of appointment be punctual at the Visa application Centre, failure to keep your appointment may entail rescheduling of an appointment.
Enquire if you require an interview or the date and the procedure to collect your passport.
EMBASSY OF GERMANY SHORT TERM VISA FEE
Airport Transit visa €60
Short Term visa for Adults €60
Minors between 6 – 12 years old €35
Minors below 6 years of age Free
Citizens of Georgia, Kosovo, Russia, and Ukraine €35
Germany Long-term Visa Fee
For all categories of travellers to Germany, the long-term visa fee is €75.
ADDRESS OF THE GERMAN EMBASSY IN GHANA
6, Kenneth Kaunda Road, (formerly Ridge Street,
P.O. Box 1757,
Telephone numbers +233 302 211 000, +233 302 221 311
Fax number: +233 302 221 347
Email address: email@example.com
CONCLUSION ON HOW TO APPLY FOR GERMAN VISA IN GHANA
Please note that although a German visa is a Schengen visa which allows you the freedom of travelling to all the Schengen zone, however, if you obtain a visa at the Embassy of Germany make sure you commence your European visit from Germany because if you land in another member country you may be refused entry.
Finally, be sure you utilize the visa before the expiration date and do not travel before the due date to avoid refused entry.
That’s all on How to apply for a German visa in Ghana. For more information, you may contact facts36.com.
- HOW TO BOOK APPOINTMENT IN GERMAN EMBASSY IN NIGERIA
- CANADA VISA FEES IN NIGERIA 2019
- GHANAIAN PASSPORT VISA FREE COUNTRIES 2019
- HOW TO AVOID REFUSED ENTRY INTO USA
- HOW TO AVOID REFUSED ENTRY INTO SOUTH AFRICA
Tags: How To Apply For German Visa in Ghana.