HOW TO APPLY FOR CYPRUS VISA IN NIGERIA
Often, ordinary people tend to confused the political settings of the Island of Cyprus due to its partition into Greek Cyprus and Turkish Cyprus. This piece on how to apply for Cyprus visa in Nigeria is centred on the widely recognised Republic of Cyprus or the Greek Cyprus, with the capital in Nicosia. Therefore if you intend travelling to Cyprus be prepared to obtain an entry visa because there is no visa abolition agreement between Nigeria and the Republic of Cyprus.
THE TYPE OF VISA YOU CAN OBTAIN AT THE CYPRUS EMBASSY IN NIGERIA
1. Transit visa: Due to it strategic location between Europe and the Middle East some passengers sometimes want to make a stop over for few hours or days in Cyprus to change plane or vessel. What they need is Transit visa.
2. Short – stay visa: This is the type of visa that allows the holder to stay in Cyprus for a maximum of 90 days. It includes Business visa, Tourist visa, Conference visa, Cultural visa, Visiting visa etcetera.
3. Long stay visa: This is a type which permits the holder to stay beyond 90 days. It includes:
Family reunion visa.
HOW TO APPLY FOR CYPRUS VISA IN NIGERIA
Regardless of the category of visa you’re applying for these are the procedure on how to apply for Cyprus visa in Nigeria
1. Download the Cyprus visa application form online and print out the hard copy.
2. Carefully fill in your details and ensure you sign the form personally in order not to render it invalid.
3. Attach the following documents:
REPUBLIC OF CYPRUS VISA APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
4. Your International passport with at least 6 months validity and unused visa pages
5. Includes two recently taken passport sized photograph with white background.
6. Photocopy of your passport data page.
7. Confirmed hotel reservation covering the period you intend to stay in Cyprus.
8. Proof of round trip flight booking indicating the airline, arrival and departure dates.
9. Police clearance certificate.
10. Evidence of basic travelling allowance or sufficient funds to finance you throughout your stay in Cyprus.
11. Bank account statement for the last 6 months duly endorsed by your bank.
12. An applicant on business visit is expected to produce the following:
– Letter of invitation from your business partner or organisation in Cyprus.
– Photocopy of the company’s certificate of incorporation.
– Recent business dealings with the company in Cyprus.
– Introduction letter from your company in Nigeria.
13. An applicant visiting family or friends should have the following:
– A letter of invitation from the person inviting him in Cyprus.
– The letter should include the full address, phone number and the occupation of the person in Cyprus.
– A certified Assumption of Responsibility form, duly filled and signed by the person inviting you.
– Photocopy of the person’s International passport data page, or national identity card, or residence permit.
14. Additional requirements for Student visa.
– Letter of admission or acceptance of offer.
– Your birth certificate
– Medical certificate of fitness
– Evidence of payment of school fees (part or full payment)
– if you’re under sponsorship, letter of sponsor from your parent or guardian
– Evidence of sufficient funds to finance your education when in Cyprus.
– Your sponsor’s Bank account statement for the last 6 months.
– Original and photocopies of all documents used in processing the admission.
– Any other documents as may be required by the embassy.
15. Applicants travelling on tourism or visiting should present an official letter from their employer indicating his designation, and salary. A self-employed person should present a letter from his bank and lawyer addressed to the Consulate of the Republic of Cyprus.
A teacher or lecturer should present an official letter from their institution.
STILL ON HOW TO APPLY FOR CYPRUS VISA IN NIGERIA
When all the collation and compilations are completed the visa applicant should endeavour to submit the form personally at the Cyprus Consulate.
Please take note of the following prior to submission:
1. Pay the visa application processing fee at the Consulate.
2. Do the biometric fingerprint at the Consulate (if any).
3. Ensure that all the required documents you’re submitting are completed, genuine and duly signed by you.
4. Include a self-addressed envelope to be used for returning your travel documents.
5. Ensure you submit your application well ahead of your scheduled travel to allow the Consulate time to process your application.
ADDRESSES OF REPUBLIC OF CYPRUS CONSULATE IN NIGERIA
Central Business District,
Telephone number +234 9 523 9087
Cyprus Honorary Consulate in Lagos,
A.G. Leventis Building,
No. 2, Wharf Road,
Telephone numbers+234 709 821 3066, +23434 812 899 0025
THE BOTTOM LINE:
To those foreigners especially Nigerians rushing to Cyprus for studies purpose it is important to know exactly where you are going. It is important to know which of the two Cyprus you are heading to, if you processed school admission for Turkish Cyprus and you entered through the Turkish side, ensure you return through the same area to avoid immigration problems from the Greek Cyprus authorities. Furthermore, for business persons or tourists, if you have business to transact in the Republic of Cyprus avoid stay in Hotels on Turkish side and vice versa. It is not only illegal to change side at will, but very dangerous sometimes.
That’s all on How to apply for Cyprus visa in Nigeria for more information you can contact this website.
Tags: HOW TO APPLY FOR CYPRUS VISA IN NIGERIA