If you want to obtain United States visa, or you have any other business you intend to transact at the U.S. embassy, there are two places you can find the embassy of United States of America in Nigeria and Consulate. Go to the federal capital, Abuja, or choose the city of Lagos.
EMBASSY OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IN NIGERIA
ABUJA: In Nigeria federal capital, United States of America embassy is located at, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area, Abuja
Working hours: Monday to Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m
Friday from 7.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.
Please note that the consular section in Abuja does not open to the public on the second and the last Friday of every month
ADDRESS OF U.S CONSULATE IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- No. 2, Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island. Lagos
Telephone: +234-1-261-0050, 0139, 0097, 0158, 0195, 1414,
Working hours: Monday to Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Friday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m
Note: The US embassy in Lagos used to be known as Eleke Crescent before it was changed to the present name. Although there are many embassies and missions along the way, you cannot miss the US embassy, it’s the most popular and the busiest.
USA VISA APPLICATION FEE IN NIGERIA AND TYPE OF VISA
The visa application fee varies, it depends on the types of visa an applicant is applying for.
- The following categories of visas paid the sum of $160: Tourist /visiting visa, business visa, Transit/ship/airline crew visa, student (academic/vocational) visa, journalist and media visa, exchange visitors visa, human trafficking visa
- The second categories of visas paid $190, Temporary /seasonal workers visa, employment visa, trainees visa, Intracompany visa, Transferees visa, athletes, Artists and entertainers visa, international cultural exchange visa, Religious workers visa.
- The next categories of visa paid $265.- Foreign wife of a U.S. Citizen
- The final categories of visas paid $205. – Treaty trader/investor.
APPOINTMENTS WAITING TIMES AT EMBASSY OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IN NIGERIA
Non-immigrant visa applicants are strictly by appointment, it’s advisable for the visa applicant to apply early to avoid the disappointment of not getting the interview date and time at your desirable time.
If what you are going for is not an emergency it’s better to apply 3 months before the time.
Tag: EMBASSY OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IN NIGERIA
- HOW TO AVOID REFUSED ENTRY INTO USA
- US VISA FEES IN NIGERIA 2020
- HOW TO GET A JOB IN USA FROM NIGERIA
- DRESS CODE FOR THE US VISA INTERVIEW – MALE/FEMALE
- US VISA APPOINTMENT IN NIGERIA – HOW TO BOOK 2020