Australia is a beautiful country which also doubles as a continent. The country is blessed with exotic and unique wildlife. We take a look at Australian passport visa-free countries 2021 full list.
AUSTRALIAN PASSPORT VISA FREE COUNTRIES 2021 FULL LIST
If you hold an Australian passport, you can travel to the following countries without first getting a visa before making your trip:
Allowed To Enter And Remain Indefinitely
- New Zealand
Visa-Free Entry (Or Visa-On-Arrival) Valid For 6 Months
- United Kingdom
Visa-Free Entry (Or Visa-On-Arrival) Valid For 183 Days
Visa-Free Entry (Or Visa-On-Arrival) Valid For 180 Days
Visa-Free Entry (Or Visa-On-Arrival) Valid For 4 Months
Visa-Free Entry (Or Visa-On-Arrival) Valid For 3 Months
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- Argentina offers Visa-on-arrival for a fee of USD100.
- Kenya will grant Visa-on-arrival for a fee of USD50.
- Kuwait will grant Visa-on-arrival but the fee required is KWD5.
- Turkey will grant Visa-on-arrival but only after a fee of USD20 is paid
Visa-Free Entry Into The Schengen Area For 90 Days Of Any 180-Day Period
- Czech Republic
Visa-Free Entry (Or Visa-On-Arrival) Valid For 90 Days
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Chile will grant Visa-on-arrival to an Australian who visits the country for a fee of USD95.
- Nicaragua offers Visa-on-arrival to Australians for a fee of USD10.
- Zambia will grant Visa-on-arrival to Australians for a fee of USD50.
Visa-Free Entry (Or Visa-On-Arrival) Valid For 1 Month
- Antigua and Barbuda
Visa-Free Entry (Or Visa-On-Arrival) Valid For 30 Days
- United Arab Emirates
- Egypt will grant an Australian arriving the country Visa-on-arrival for a fee of USD15.
- Indonesia offers Visa-on-arrival to Australians for a fee of USD25.
Visa-Free Entry (Or Visa-On-Arrival) Valid For 21 Days
Visa-Free Entry (Or Visa-On-Arrival) Valid For 14 Days
- Visa-on-arrival fee
AUSTRALIA PASSPORT VISA FREE COUNTRIES 2021 FULL LIST
The following are partially recognised countries/territories that allows Australian citizens visa-free entry or visa on arrival
1. KOSOVO: 90 days visa-free entry.
2. NORTH CYPRUS: 3 months visa-free entry.
3. PALATINE: visa-free entry.
4. SOMALILAND: 30 days visa on arrival.
5. SOUTH OSSETIA: visa-free entry.
6. TRANSNISTRIA: visa-free entry.
7. HONG KONG: 90 days visa-free entry.
8. MACAU: 30 days visa-free entry.
9. FAROE ISLANDS: visa-free entry.
10. GREENLAND: visa-free entry.
11. FRENCH GUIANA: 3 months visa-free entry.
12. FRENCH POLYNESIA: 90 days visa-free entry.
13. FRENCH WEST INDIES: visa-free entry.
14. MAYOTTE: 3 months visa-free entry.
15. NEW CALEDONIA: 3 months visa-free entry.
16. REUNION: 3 months visa-free entry.
17. SAINT PIERRE AND MIQUELON: 3 months visa-free entry.
18. WALLIS AND FUTUNA: 3 months visa-free entry.
19. ARUBA: 30 days visa-free entry.
20. CARIBBEAN NETHERLANDS: 90 days visa-free entry.
21. CURACAO: 90 days visa-free entry.
22. SINT MAARTEN: 90 days visa-free entry.
23. COOK ISLANDS: 31 days visa-free entry.
24. NIUE: 30 days visa-free entry.
25. AKROTIRI AND DHEKELIA: visa-free entry.
26. BERMUDA: visa-free entry.
27. BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS: 30 days visa-free entry.
28. CAYMAN ISLANDS: 6 months visa-free entry.
29. GIBRALTAR: visa-free entry.
30. MONTSERRAT: 6 months visa-free entry.
31. PITCAIRN ISLANDS: visa-free entry.
32. ANGUILLA: 3 months visa-free entry.
33. ASCENSION ISLAND: 3 months evisa on arrival
34. SAINT ELENA: Visitor’s pass on arrival.
35. TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS: 90 days visa-free entry.
36. TAIWAN: 90 days visa-free entry.
37. FALKLAND ISLANDS: visa-free entry.
38. AMERICAN SAMOA: 30 Electronic authorization.
39. GUAM: 45 days visa-free entry.
40. NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS: 45 days visa-free entry.
41. PUERTO RICO: visa-free entry.
42. U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS: Visa-free entry.
An Australian who desires to visit other countries not on this list or desires to stay for longer periods than are stated for countries on this list require a visa to do so. It is advisable to check with the embassy or consulate of the country you will be visiting before setting out.
Furthermore, you must meet the standard travel requirements such as flight return ticket, hotel accommodation, and basic travelling allowance before embarking on travelling to any country.
Permanent Residents – After 1 July 2007
If you obtained your permanent residence permit in Australia after the 1st of July 2007, you will need to meet the following requirements to become a full Australian citizen:
- You have lived lawfully in Australia for at least 4 years; and
- You have lived in Australia for at least 12 months as a permanent resident
- if you have spent more than 12 months in the last 4 years outside Australia or 3 months in the last 12 outside Australia, you will no longer meet the residency requirements for citizenship.
- It’s also important to realize that only 12 months of residence as a permanent resident is required. You can count up to 3 years of residence in Australia as a temporary residence towards the requirements for citizenship. As an example, if you have already spent several years in Australia on a student or 457 visas, this can be counted towards the 4-year residency requirement.
Note that you are not automatically qualified for Australian citizenship in this way, you must still file an application for citizenship.
Birth In Australia
If you were born within the territory of Australia, then you are automatically an Australian citizen provided:
- You were born in Australia prior to 20 August 1986; OR
- You were born in Australia after 20 August 1986, and one of your parents held Australian citizenship or an Australian permanent residence visa at the time of birth; OR
- You were born in Australia after the 20th of August 1986, neither of your parents held Australian citizenship or an Australian permanent residency visa, but you have spent the majority of your life living in Australia before your 10th birthday. Under this scenario, you automatically become an Australian citizen on your 10th birthday.
- Born Overseas to an Australian Citizen Parent
- If you were born overseas and one of your parents held Australian citizenship at your date of birth, then you are eligible to be registered as an Australian citizen. The registration must be carried out at an Australian consulate or embassy located in a foreign country. Note that in the past, this registration must take place before you reached a certain age, however, this restriction was removed on the 1st of July 2007.
Residence In Australia Prior To 26 January 1949
If you are a British citizen resident in Australia or New Guinea for the 5 years prior to the 26th of January 1949, you would have automatically become an Australian citizen on this date.
Enjoying this Australian passport visa-free countries post? read on
Eligibility For Australian Citizenship
To be eligible for Australian citizenship as a foreigner, you have to fulfil all of the following conditions:
- You must be a permanent resident at the time of application and time of decision
- You must meet the general residence requirement
- You must be of good character
- You must have a basic knowledge of the English language
- You must have adequate knowledge of the responsibilities and privileges of Australian citizenship
- You must intend to reside or maintain a close and continuing association with Australia.
If you are older than 60, you will not be required to sit for the citizenship test. For those seeking Australian citizenship through marriage, gaining Australian citizenship through this option is not that straightforward. You are still required to meet all the other conditions for gaining Australian citizenship.
Australian citizenship is not automatically conferred after you get married to an Australian citizen. It is very important to stick to some rules or the eligibility criteria for you to be able to get a sponsorship for Australian citizenship through marriage. After getting married in the territory of Australia, you are also required to provide proof that you and your spouse are actually living together in the same residence.
The advantage to marrying an Australian is that if you have gotten a Visa from the Australian Immigration Department and lived with your spouse in Australia for a period of two years continuously, the Visa that you already have will be converted automatically into a permanent residency visa.
General Residence Requirement
The general residence requirement for Australia is based on the period of time you have spent residing in the country. It is a must for you to fulfil all of the following requirements.
- You must have lived in Australia on a valid Australian visa for four years immediately before applying
- You must have been a permanent resident in Australia for the 12 months immediately preceding your application and you must not have been absent from them for no more than a year in total during the 4 year period. This also includes no more than 90 days in the 12 months before applying.
- Under some circumstances, however, you may be eligible to apply for a variation to the residency requirement or be eligible under the special residence requirement.
As an applicant for Australian citizenship, you are also allowed to include all your children who are aged under 16 years in your application for citizenship provided these children are permanent residents. Children who are under the age of 16 years are not required to meet the residence condition.
The country now allows for dual citizenship. This implies that an Australian citizen can take up the citizenship of another country without losing his or her Australian citizenship. This means that if you are a citizen of another country and you take up Australian citizenship, it is up to your original citizenship to determine if you get to keep your existing citizenship.
Conclusion on Australian Passport Visa Free Countries
If you are a holder of an Australian Passport already, this article details all the countries you can visit without applying first for a visa.
- JAMAICA PASSPORT VISA FREE COUNTRIES FULL LIST
- NIGERIA PASSPORT VISA FREE COUNTRIES IN EUROPE OR OTHER PART OF THE WORLD
- SINGAPORE PASSPORT VISA FREE COUNTRIES
- SOUTH AFRICAN PASSPORT VISA FREE COUNTRIES FULL LIST
- UK PASSPORT VISA FREE COUNTRIES
Tag: Australian Passport Visa Free Countries